A Nutcracker Christmas
Congratulations to Allegro Dancers, Charlotte Roberts, Payton Ritchie, and Sydney Feagan! These three will be featured in The Hallmark Channel’s “A Nutcracker Christmas” airing on December 10th and starring Amy Acker and Sophia Lucia. All three were cast in dance scenes of the movie, choreographed by Melissa Moore and Roberto Campanella, with Payton (centre) playing Lilly (Amy Acker) as a child. We are so proud of you girls and hope you enjoyed this wonderful opportunity!
UNIFORM AND INFORMATION FOR 2017/18
Allegro School of Dance Information Sheet 2017/18
Please note that uniforms will be enforced. If a student is not dressed in dancewear they will receive one warning, and after that may have to sit out.
Unless you are a Hip Hop dancer, please do not come to class in street wear or baggy clothes.
- Long hair must always be pulled back into a pony tail.
- Dancers in Ballet Level 1+ (with long hair) must wear their hair in a bun for class.
- Please – no decorative hair clips or hair bands and limit jewellery to small earrings and rings.
- Please write your name in all dancewear and shoes.
Creative Movement & Pre Ballet
- BLACK or PINK bodysuit (any style)
- Ballet SOFT PINK tights (convertible or footed) or bare legs with WHITE ankle socks
- Small (attached or separate) skirts are optional – NO TUTUS
- PINK ballet slippers (leather or canvas)
Ballet 1 & Up
- BLACK bodysuit (any style)
- Ballet SOFT PINK tights or bare legs with WHITE ankle socks
- PINK ballet slippers (leather or canvas)
For your first pair, pointe shoes should be fitted at the Shoe Room, Toronto. For Rec Dancers, pointe shoes will not be required for the first 3 classes because we will be working on Pre-Pointe strengthening exercises.
JAZZ /TAP /ACRO/LYRICAL
- BLACK bodysuit or BLACK form fitting half top (with dance shorts)
- BEIGE tights (convertible or footed) or bare legs with socks
- BLACK dance shorts are optional over tights – NO YOGA PANTS OR TRACK PANTS
- Jazz – BEIGE jazz shoes with small heel (leather or canvas)
- Tap – BLACK tap shoes – any style (Please purchase from a dancewear store. Shoes from Payless, Walmart, etc. cut the floor when screws come loose from taps.)
- Acro – Bare feet
- Lyrical – “Body Wrappers” BEIGE pleated half-soles or BEIGE jazz shoes (leather or canvas)
Comfortable clothing – t-shirts, track pants/shorts – NO JEANS OR SKIRTS. Please avoid labels and graphics.
Clean soled running shoes or jazz sneakers – BLACK low-cut Converse type shoes will need to be purchased for recital.
*Please do not wear your hip hop sneakers into the school from outside, change into them once in the school.
- Ballet –WHITE t-shirt & BLACK shorts or BLACK tights & BLACK ballet slippers
- Jazz/Tap/Acro/Lyrical/MT – WHITE t-shirt & BLACK shorts & required shoes (as noted above)
- Jazz – Beige slip-on “So Danca” leather jazz shoes. Mondor tan convertible tights.
- Ballet – Pink Bloch leather split sole ballet slippers. Mondor ballet pink footed tights.
- Lyrical – “Body Wrappers” beige leather pleated half-soles. Mondor tan convertible tights or bare legs.
- Hair in a bun for all classes.
The following store have a list of our uniform requirements:
635 Fourth Line, Units 12-13
2025 William O’Connell Blvd., Unit 9
4012 New Street
CLASSES BEGIN ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 11th
*Please note that regular Saturday classes will run during long weekends, Easter weekend and Easter Monday.
June 30 1st payment due and processed for Pre-Reg. Prices
Aug. 29 1st payment due and processed for regular prices
Sept. 11 First day of classes!!!
Oct. 9 Studio closed for Thanksgiving
Nov. 13 Comp Dancers – 2nd Installment due
Dec. 23-Jan. 5 Studio closed for the Holidays
Jan. 8 Rec. Dancers – 2nd payment due and processed.
Feb. 12 Comp Dancers – 3rd Installment due
Feb. 19 Studio closed for Family Day
Mar. 12-18 Studio closed for March Break
May 21 Studio closed for Victoria Day
June 9 Last day of classes
June 16 Recital
PAYMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- THERE WILL BE 36 WEEKS OF INSTRUCTION THROUGHOUT THE YEAR, DIVIDED INTO TWO EQUAL PAYMENT TERMS. THE FIRST TERM WILL BEGIN ON MON. SEPT. 11th 2017 & THE SECOND WILL BEGIN ON MON. FEB. 1st 2018.
- TO SECURE A PLACE IN A CLASS, TWO POST-DATED CHEQUES MUST BE RECEIVED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION OR A VISA / MASTERCARD NUMBER MUST BE INCLUDED ON THE REGISTRATION FORM.
- IF PAYING BY CHEQUE, THE FIRST CHEQUE SHOULD BE DATED FOR AUG. 29th 2017 or JUNE 30th 2017 (for Pre-Reg prices) AND THE SECOND CHEQUE SHOULD BE DATED FOR JAN.8th 2018.
- IF PAYING BY VISA OR MASTERCARD, YOUR CARD WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY BILLED ON AUG. 29th 2017 or JUNE 30th 2017 (for Pre-Reg prices) AND AGAIN ON JAN.9th 2018.
- IF YOUR CHILD WISHES TO WITHDRAW FROM A CLASS, ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE MUST RECEIVE WRITTEN NOTICE BEFORE SEPT.1st 2017 FOR TERM 1 or JAN.8th 2018 FOR TERM 2. IF WRITTEN NOTICE IS RECEIVED, THEN YOUR CHEQUE WILL BE RETURNED OR YOUR CARD WILL NOT BE BILLED. EXCEPTIONS WILL NOT BE MADE TO ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE’S REFUND POLICY UNLESS A DOCTOR’S NOTE HAS BEEN RECEIVED.
- IF YOU HAVE PRE-REGISTERED BUT CHOOSE TO WITHDRAW FROM CLASSES AFTER JUNE 30th 2017, AND BEFORE SEPT.1st 2017 YOUR FULL TUITION WILL BE REFUNDED MINUS A $25 PROCESSING FEE.
- A COSTUME FEE FOR THE YEAR-END RECITAL HAS BEEN INCORPORATED INTO THE TERM PRICE FOR ALL RECREATIONAL CLASSES. IF YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING IN THE RECITAL, PLEASE INFORM ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE BEFORE JAN.8th 2018, AND YOUR TERM 2 CHEQUE WILL BE ADJUSTED FOR THE TOTAL COST OF THE COSTUME. IF YOUR CHILD CHOOSES NOT CONTINUE FOR TERM 2, YOUR COSTUME DEPOSIT FROM TERM 1 WILL NOT BE REFUNDED. SOME COMPETITIVE COSTUMES ARE IN ADDITION TO THE COMPETITIVE PRICE LIST AND WILL BE INVOICED INDIVIDUALLY DEPENDING ON THE COSTUME.
- FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES, IT IS MANDATORY FOR PARENTS TO SIGN AND AGREE TO THE “RELEASE OF LIABILITY” ON THE BACK OF THE REGISTRATION FORM. DANCERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN CLASS UNLESS THIS FORM HAS BEEN SIGNED AND RETURNED.
- A $25 SERVICE CHARGE WILL BE APPLIED TO ALL RETURNED AND NSF CHEQUES.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Make-Up Classes – Students are allowed two make-up classes per term. Please notify the studio before attending a make-up class. Classes that fall on statutory holidays are not made up because term fees have been adjusted for Monday classes.
- Extreme Weather or Unexpected Interruption of Classes – If the studio must cancel classes due to extreme weather or events beyond our control such as power outages, etc, the missed lessons will be not be made-up, however dancers are invited to join another similar class on the schedule to make-up the missed one. No refunds will be given due to the circumstances listed above. Please check the website or Facebook page after 12 noon (on weekdays) or after 8am (on Saturdays) for cancellations or call the studio and check our voice mail.
- Substitute Teachers – The studio reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. If the teacher is ill and the studio cannot arrange a substitute, any missed classes will be made-up.
- Care of Students – The studio is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students. Parents with students under the age of 5 should stay at the studio during classes. Students are not to be left at the studio for excessive time before or after class.
- Dance Dress Code – Required dancewear and dance shoes must be worn to all classes. Failure to wear required dancewear to class could result in students being asked to sit out. Long hair must also be tied back neatly in a ponytail or bun for all dancers with long hair.
CLASSES BEGIN ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 11TH
Auditions for our Part-Time Competitive Program
PART-TIME COMPETITIVE AUDITIONS!
ALLEGRO WILL BE HOLDING AUDITIONS FOR OUR PART-TIME COMPETITIVE PROGRAM ON:
THURSDAY, JUNE 23
6:00– 7:30PM – 12-14 yrs.
This is a new Competitive Group for Dancers ages 12-14 that have an interest in being part of a Competitive Program but may be newer to dance or do not have the time to commit to a Full-Time Program. A maximum of 5 hours would be required for classes and rehearsals with practice times being scheduled on Monday and Friday nights. Students attending the audition will be given a short ballet class to warm up, followed by unseen combinations that will be taught to them on the day. It is not necessary to have previous experience in multiple disciplines, however we will be teaching the dancers ballet, jazz and lyrical combinations. There is no need for dancers to prepare anything for this day. Please wear form fitting dance attire along with ballet or jazz shoes. Registration forms will be available when you arrive and Parents must sign a waiver for all Dancers. There is no fee to audition for the Allegro Competitive Program. Good luck and Have Fun!