WINTER 2018-2019 NEWSLETTER!
Around the Studio!
Parent Viewing – The week of December 15–21, parents are welcome to observe their children from inside the studio. Students will demonstrate what they have been working on since September and also perform an informal dance! Parent Viewing will take place during regular class days and times.
Holiday Closure – The studio will be closed from December 22–January 4 for the holidays. Classes will resume again on Saturday, January 5, 2019. Wishing you all a safe and Happy Holiday!!
Recital Info – This year’s recital will be at First Ontario Concert Hall, Hamilton, on Saturday, June 15, 2019. Dress Rehearsal will be on Tuesday, June 4. If you will not be participating in the recital, please contact the office as soon as possible. More recital information will be available in the new year.
Shoes and Boots – It’s that messy time of the year again! Students and Parents: During winter months, only indoor shoes, slippers and dance shoes are permitted in the building. Help us keep the studio dry, clean, comfortable and salt-free for those of us in socks and dance shoes. Please place your boots in the cubbies provided at the front door so that we can keep the entry way clutter-free. Limited indoor shoes are provided by the studio for parents.
“Bring a Friend” Week – We hope that everyone who participated in Bring a Friend Week had a wonderful time sharing their class with so many special guests! As you may know, every Allegro dancer who brought a friend was entered into a draw for an Ipad; and the lucky winner of this draw is……… Rachael Cai! Congratulations!!!
Term 2 Tuition – Fees for the 2nd Term will be processed on January 7, 2019. If you have not already submitted your cheque or need to update your credit card information, please contact the studio prior to January 7. All costume fees have been included in your tuition. If your child will not be continuing to dance with us in January or will not participate in the year-end recital, it is important to contact the studio asap. This will ensure that your card is not charged and it will help us order the appropriate number of costumes. Please note, a late payment for Term 2 may result in recital costumes not being placed on time, therefore a late fee may apply.
Rec Costume Measurement Week – Students will be measured in class for costumes the week of January 7–12. If you are going to be away that week, please let the office know so arrangements can be made to have your child measured another time.
Family Day closure – Just a reminder, the studio will be closed on Monday, February 18, 2019. We hope you enjoy your day off with your family 🙂
For everyone’s safety, please do not park in front of the building!!! There is plenty of parking to the side and back of the studio. Parking in the front contributes to congestion and the drop-off zone becomes inaccessible. If you park or idle your car in the front, you may be asked to move;) Thank you.
UPCOMING STUDIO CLOSURES
Winter Break: Sat, Dec. 22 – Fri, Jan. 4
Family Day: Mon, Feb. 18, 2019
March Break: Mon, Mar. 10 – Sun, Mar. 17, 2019
Victoria Day: Mon, May 20, 2019
(Open Sat, May 18, 2019)
Last Day of Classes: Sat, Jun. 8, 2019
Dance Birthday Parties!
Make this year’s Birthday a Party to remember at Allegro School of Dance! Book yours TODAY by
or visiting us in person at: 451 Woody Rd in Oakville
Thanksgiving Day Weekend 2018
The Studio will be OPEN , Saturday October 6th, 2018.
The Studio will be CLOSED Thanksgiving Day Monday October 8th , 2018.
Register for our 2018/19 Season NOW!!!
Welcome to Allegro! Registration is now open to ALL new and existing students!
For over 16 years, Allegro School of Dance has been one of Oakville’s most trusted and well-loved dance academies. Thanks to our experience, unfailing reputation and devoted commitment to dance, Allegro has grown to be among the community’s most successful and established studios. Many styles and disciplines are taught at Allegro, including Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, Acro, Lyrical, Contemporary, Conditioning and Pointe. Recreational and Competitive programs for children ages 3+ are taught by highly qualified teachers that have decades of experience working with dancers of all ages and abilities. Whether you are just beginning or already a seasoned dancer, Allegro is sure to have a class that is appropriate for your level of expertise!
Our facility on Woody Rd is one of the biggest and brightest that Oakville has to offer and we are very fortunate to be dancing in such an inviting, safe and professional space. Our studio was built with everyone in mind and ensures that students as well as their families enjoy a comfortable experience along with an opportunity to always watch every class through spacious viewing windows.
By signing up early and beating the September rush, you will secure a spot in your desired class and time. In just a few easy steps, you can register on-line for all your favorite classes! If you prefer to register in person, please visit our studio located at 451 Woody Rd in Oakville (Speers & Dorval). Happy Dancing and thank you for choosing Allegro! To find out more about Oakville’s favourite dance academy CLICK HERE.
To Register, click the link below!
INFO SHEET & UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS – 2018/19
Please note that uniforms will be enforced. If a student is not dressed in proper dance wear repeatedly, they may have to sit out.
Unless you are a Hip Hop dancer, please do not come to class in street wear or baggy clothes.
- Long hair must always be pulled back into a pony tail.
- Dancers in Ballet Level 1+ (with long hair) must wear their hair in a bun for class.
- Please – no decorative hair clips or hair bands and limit jewellery to small earrings and rings.
- Please write your name in all dance wear and shoes.
Creative Movement & Pre Ballet
- BLACK or PINK bodysuit (any style)
- Ballet SOFT PINK tights (convertible or footed) or bare legs with WHITE ankle socks
- Small (attached or separate) skirts are optional – NO TUTUS
- PINK ballet slippers (leather or canvas)
Ballet 1 & Up
- BLACK bodysuit (any style)
- Ballet SOFT PINK tights or bare legs with WHITE ankle socks
- PINK ballet slippers (leather or canvas)
For your first pair, pointe shoes should be fitted at the Shoe Room, Toronto. For Rec Dancers, pointe shoes will not be required for the first 3 classes because we will be working on Pre-Pointe strengthening exercises.
JAZZ /TAP /ACRO/LYRICAL
- BLACK bodysuit or BLACK form fitting half top (with dance shorts)
- BEIGE tights (convertible or footed) or bare legs with socks
- BLACK dance shorts are optional over tights – NO YOGA PANTS OR TRACK PANTS
- Jazz – BEIGE jazz shoes with small heel (leather or canvas)
- Tap – BLACK tap shoes – any style (Please purchase from a dancewear store. Shoes from Payless, Walmart, etc. cut the floor when screws come loose from taps.)
- Acro – Bare feet
- Lyrical – “Body Wrappers” BEIGE pleated half-soles or BEIGE jazz shoes (leather or canvas)
Comfortable clothing – t-shirts, track pants/shorts – NO JEANS OR SKIRTS. Please avoid labels and graphics.
Clean soled running shoes or jazz sneakers – BLACK low-cut Converse type shoes will need to be purchased for recital.
*Please do not wear your hip hop sneakers into the school from outside, change into them once in the school.
- Ballet –WHITE t-shirt & BLACK shorts or BLACK tights & BLACK ballet slippers
- Jazz/Tap/Acro/Lyrical/MT – WHITE t-shirt & BLACK shorts & required shoes (as noted above)
- Jazz – Beige slip-on “So Danca” leather jazz shoes. Mondor Caramel convertible tights.
- Ballet – Pink canvas “So Danca” split sole ballet slippers (no drawstrings). Mondor ballet pink footed or convertible tights.
- Lyrical – “Body Wrappers” beige leather pleated half-soles. Mondor tan convertible tights or bare legs.
- Hair in a bun for ALL classes.
The following store have a list of our uniform requirements:
635 Fourth Line, Units 12-13
2025 William O’Connell Blvd., Unit 9
4012 New Street
4155 Fairview Street
*Please note that regular Saturday classes will run during long weekends, Easter weekend and Easter Monday.
June 29 – 1st payment due and processed for Pre-Reg. Prices
Aug. 27 – 1st payment due and processed for regular prices
Sept. 10 – First day of classes!!!
Oct. 8 – Studio closed for Thanksgiving
Nov. 12 – Comp Dancers – 2nd Installment due
Dec. 23-Jan. 6 – Studio closed for the Holidays
Jan. 7 – Rec. Dancers – 2nd payment due and processed.
Feb. 11 – Comp Dancers – 3rd Installment due
Feb. 18 – Studio closed for Family Day
Mar. 11-16 – Studio closed for March Break
May 20 – Studio closed for Victoria Day
June 4 – Recital Dress Rehearsal
June 8 – Last day of classes
June 15 – Recital
PAYMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- FOR RECREATIONAL DANCERS, THERE WILL BE 36 WEEKS OF INSTRUCTION THROUGHOUT THE YEAR, DIVIDED INTO TWO EQUAL PAYMENTS. THE FIRST PAYMENT WILL COVER CLASSES BEGINNING ON SEPT. 10, 2018 AND THE SECOND WILL COVER CLASSES BEGINNING ON MON. JAN. 28, 2019. DUE TO STATUTORY HOLIDAYS, MONDAY DANCERS WILL ONLY RECEIVE 33 WEEKS OF INSTRUCTION PER YEAR AND HAVE AN ADJUSTED PRICE TO REFLECT THE MISSED CLASSES. TO SECURE A PLACE IN A RECREATIONAL DANCE CLASS, 2 POST-DATED CHEQUES OR CREDIT CARD NUMBER MUST BE INCLUDED ON OR WITH THE REGISTRATION FORM.
- COMPETITIVE DANCERS WILL HAVE THEIR FEES DIVIDED INTO 3 EQUAL INSTALLMENTS. THE FIRST WILL BE DUE ON JUNE 29, 2018 (for pre-reg prices) OR 27, 2018 (for regular prices) AND NOV. 12, 2018 AND FEB. 11, 2019. DUE TO STATUTORY HOLIDAYS, COMP DANCE CLASSES SCHEDULED ON MONDAYS WILL ONLY RECEIVE 33 WEEKS OF INSTRUCTION PER YEAR AND HAVE AN ADJUSTED TERM PRICE TO REFLECT THE MISSED CLASSES. TO SECURE A PLACE IN THE COMPETITIVE DANCE PROGRAM, 3 POST DATED CHEQUES OR A CREDIT CARD NUMBER MUST BE INCLUDED ON OR WITH THE REGISTRATION FORM.
- IF YOUR CHILD WISHES TO WITHDRAW FROM A RECREATIONAL DANCE CLASS, ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE MUST RECEIVE WRITTEN NOTICE BEFORE AUG 27, 2018 FOR TERM 1 or BEFORE JAN 7, 2019 FOR TERM 2. IF WRITTEN NOTICE IS RECEIVED, THEN YOUR CHEQUES WILL NOT BE DEPOSITED OR YOUR CARD WILL NOT BE BILLED. EXCEPTIONS WILL NOT BE MADE TO ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE’S REFUND POLICY UNLESS A DOCTOR’S NOTE HAS BEEN RECEIVED, IN WHICH CASE A STUDIO CREDIT MAY BE ISSUED.
- IF YOUR CHILD WISHES TO WITHDRAW FROM THE COMPETITIVE PROGRAM, ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE MUST RECEIVE WRITTEN NOTICE BEFORE 27, 2018 FOR TERM 1 or BEFORE NOV. 12, 2018 FOR TERM 2 or BEFORE FEB. 11, 2019 FOR TERM 3. IF WRITTEN NOTICE IS RECEIVED, THEN YOUR CHEQUES WILL NOT BE DEPOSITED OR YOUR CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED. EXCEPTIONS WILL NOT BE MADE TO ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE’S REFUND POLICY UNLESS A DOCTOR’S NOTE HAS BEEN RECEIVED IN WHICH CASE A CREDIT MAY BE ISSUED. PLEASE NOTE, REGARDLESS OF THE REASON, FOR COMPETITIVE DANCERS, THERE WILL BE A $250 WITHDRAW FEE DEDUCTED FROM THE REFUNDED AMOUNT OF FEES RETURNED TO YOU.
- IF YOU HAVE PRE-REGISTERED BUT CHOOSE TO WITHDRAW FROM CLASSES AFTER JUNE 29, 2018 AND BEFORE AUGUST 27, 2018 YOUR FULL TUITION AND COSTUME DEPOSIT FOR TERM 1 WILL BE REFUNDED MINUS A $30 PROCESSING FEE, PER REGISTERED CLASS.
- A COSTUME FEE FOR THE YEAR-END RECITAL HAS BEEN INCORPORATED INTO THE TERM PRICE FOR ALL RECREATIONAL & COMPETITIVE GROUP CLASSES. IF YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING IN THE RECITAL, PLEASE INFORM ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE BEFORE JAN. 7, 2019 AND YOUR TERM 2 CHEQUE WILL BE ADJUSTED FOR THE TOTAL COST OF THE COSTUME. IF YOUR CHILD CHOOSES NOT TO CONTINUE FOR TERM 2, YOUR COSTUME DEPOSIT FROM TERM 1 WILL NOT BE REFUNDED. ALL COMPETITIVE SOLO, DUET, SMALL GROUP AND OPTIONAL CLASS COSTUMES ARE IN ADDITION TO THE COMPETITIVE PRICE LIST AND WILL BE INVOICED INDIVIDUALLY DEPENDING ON THE COSTUME.
- FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES, IT IS MANDATORY FOR PARENTS TO SIGN AND AGREE TO THE “RELEASE OF LIABILITY” FORM BELOW. DANCERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLASS UNLESS THIS FORM HAS BEEN SIGNED AND RETURNED.
- A $25 SERVICE CHARGE WILL BE APPLIED TO ALL RETURNED AND NSF CHEQUES
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Make-Up Classes – Students are allowed two make-up classes per term. Please notify the studio before attending a make-up class. Classes that fall on statutory holidays are not made up because term fees have been adjusted for Monday classes.
- Extreme Weather or Unexpected Interruption of Classes – If the studio must cancel classes due to extreme weather or events beyond our control such as power outages, etc, the missed lessons will be not be made-up, however dancers are invited to join another similar class on the schedule to make-up the missed one. No refunds will be given due to the circumstances listed above. Please check the website or Facebook page after 12 noon (on weekdays) or after 8am (on Saturdays) for cancellations or call the studio and check our voice mail.
- Substitute Teachers – The studio reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. If the teacher is ill and the studio cannot arrange a substitute, any missed classes will be made-up.
- Care of Students – The studio is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students. Parents with students under the age of 5 should stay at the studio during classes. Students are not to be left at the studio for excessive time before or after class.
- Dance Dress Code – Required dance wear and dance shoes must be worn to all classes. Failure to wear required dance wear to class could result in students being asked to sit out. Long hair must also be tied back neatly in a ponytail or bun for all dancers with long hair.
CLASSES BEGIN ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH
Back-to-Dance Workshop – Sept 4-6
You won’t want to miss this! Allegro is hosting a Back-to-Dance Workshop with the industry’s most sought after performers, choreographers and producers! Learn from artists that are respected, in demand and leading the dance world!
Workshop running Sept 4-6 from approx 5:00-7:30pm (exact times tba). Each class will be 1.25 hours long with a Q&A session for parents and students to learn about their instructors’ careers and how they got to be where they are today!
Greta Hodgkinson – Principal Dancer with The National Ballet of Canada
Julia Cratchley – Choreographer & Dancer (Helix, Conteur and Transcendance Dance Companies)
Jeff Dimitriou – Film, TV and Production Choreographer (PanAm Games, Cirque du Soleil, Twilight)
Jaime Hodgins – Dancer, Producer & Choreographer (The Mini Pops Kids)
Miguel Ramirez – Hip Hop Dancer & Choreographer (AirTight Entertainment)
$160+hst for 6 classes. Call 905-815-9239 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register! This workshop is open to all Competitive/Pre-Professional Level Dancers ages 8+.
Have it ALL in 1 Dance Studio. See why Allegro is Oakville’s #1 choice!
Allegro School of Dance has been serving the Oakville community for 16+ year under the same trusted Ownership and Direction. Visit us today to see why we we will always be your #1 choice for Dance Instruction in Oakville!
√..Professionally sprung floating “Harlequin” dance floors – for injury prevention.
√..Parent viewing windows to every studio – you always see what is happening in the classroom at all times.
√..Security surveillance cameras – for student’s safety.
√..Full time desk staff – so instructors can focus on teaching instead of dealing with administrative issues.
√..Qualified Teachers – accredited by RAD, CDTA, Imperial Society of Dance, Russian Society of Dance, PAEC, Cecchetti Society and union member with ACTRA & EQUITY. High school students will never be your child’s primary teacher.
√..Dancers taught and motivated by encouragement – teachers are hired not only for their accreditation but also for their character and disposition with their students.
√..Recreational and Competitive Dancers share the same teachers, studio space and perform in the same recital – all dancers receive equally qualified instruction regardless of their level.
√..Several levels of the same dance style offered for students of different ages and abilities – your 9 year old will not be in the same class as a 5 year old.
√..More choice with days and Times – We have 5 studios running classes so there is sure to be an appropriate class that works with YOUR busy schedule.
√..Proven training track record – several students have been accepted to professional intensives and full-time programs at the Royal Winnipeg, Quinte, School of American Ballet, Ryerson University’s Theatre Program & Canada’s National Ballet School.
√..Recital costumes included in yearly tuition fees – there will be no surprise invoices throughout the year and you will not be responsible for sewing your own recital costume.
√..Recitals in a professional theatre with affordable ticket pricing – bringing your entire family to the recital will not break your bank.
√..Comparable pricing to all other dance studios – you will pay the same but receive more.
√..No fundraising – you will never be asked to raise money to supplement studio costs.
√..Customer appreciation barbecue & “Fun Day” – bonding celebration for dancers and their families, all free of charge.
√..Fun dance classes and friendly studio atmosphere – it is possible to provide good training in a motivating and uplifting environment so that dancers leave with a smile on their face.
CLICK HERE TO SEE 4 QUESTIONS EVERY PARENT SHOULD ASK BEFORE REGISTERING FOR DANCE!
10 Reasons why Allegro’s Facility is Second to None!
Allegro School of Dance has been serving the Oakville community for 16+ year under the same trusted Ownership and Direction. Read below to find out why everyone is talking about our new facility!
1. Five oversized studios – all with professionally sprung Harlequin floors, natural light, high ceilings, wall-to-wall mirrors and anchored barres
2. Parent viewing windows leading into all dance studios
3. Professional sound systems installed in every classroom
4. Bright, comfortable family-friendly waiting area with free Wi-Fi
5. Quiet homework room for dancers and their families
6. Large, clean changing rooms for boys and girls
7. Ample well-lit parking to accommodate all classrooms
8. Convenient and safe drop off area for parents and dancers
9. Security surveillance cameras monitoring common areas and dance studios
10. Convenience to numerous shopping centres and amenities
2018 SUMMER DANCE CAMP
REGISTER TODAY FOR SUMMER DANCE CAMP!
LET’S DANCE, MEET NEW FRIENDS AND HAVE FUN!!
Recreational Dance Camp is a great way to keep active and develop new friendships this summer! Join us at Allegro for one or two weeks of fun-filled Dance Camps. Ballet, Jazz, Hip Hop, Acro, Lyrical and Conditioning classes will be offered daily along with creative arts and crafts. Register today and secure a spot in one of Oakville’s most popular summer camps for kids!
HALF-DAY CAMPS FOR 4-8 YRS OLD
JULY 16-20 or AUGUST 20-24
(9:00AM–12:30PM) $185/WEEK (tax included)
INCLUDES 3 DANCE CLASSES/DAY & CRAFTS
FULL-DAY CAMP FOR 6-12 YRS OLD
JULY 16-20 or AUGUST 20-24
(9:00AM–5:00PM) $345/WEEK (tax included)
INCLUDES 4+ DANCE CLASSES/DAY & CRAFTS
FUN FOR EVERYONE!!!
REGISTER FOR SUMMER DANCE CAMP AT ALLEGRO TODAY!!
Call – (905)815-9239 or email – email@example.com
Click the pink link below to download the form
2018/19 Referral Program – It’s Back!!!
At, Allegro, we love YOU….and we love your friends! That’s why we want you to refer your friends to US!!! When you refer a friend, we will show our appreciation by offering a Term 2 credit for every new friend that pre-registers for dance lessons before June 29, 2018! The scale below shows how you can save –
1 Friend = $20 credit for Term 2
2 Friends = $40 credit for Term 2
5 Friends = $100 credit for Term 2
Start saving now by telling your friends how much you love dancing at Allegro;) In the meantime, we hope all of our Dancers are looking forward to being on stage in a just a couple months when we perform for family and friends at our annual Allegro Recital on June 16!!!