Dance Birthday Parties!
Make this year’s Birthday a Party to remember at Allegro School of Dance! Book yours TODAY by
or visiting us in person at: 451 Woody Rd in Oakville
Thanksgiving Day Weekend 2018
The Studio will be OPEN , Saturday October 6th, 2018.
The Studio will be CLOSED Thanksgiving Day Monday October 8th , 2018.
Register for our 2018/19 Season NOW!!!
Welcome to Allegro! Registration is now open to ALL new and existing students!
For over 16 years, Allegro School of Dance has been one of Oakville’s most trusted and well-loved dance academies. Thanks to our experience, unfailing reputation and devoted commitment to dance, Allegro has grown to be among the community’s most successful and established studios. Many styles and disciplines are taught at Allegro, including Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, Acro, Lyrical, Contemporary, Conditioning and Pointe. Recreational and Competitive programs for children ages 3+ are taught by highly qualified teachers that have decades of experience working with dancers of all ages and abilities. Whether you are just beginning or already a seasoned dancer, Allegro is sure to have a class that is appropriate for your level of expertise!
Our facility on Woody Rd is one of the biggest and brightest that Oakville has to offer and we are very fortunate to be dancing in such an inviting, safe and professional space. Our studio was built with everyone in mind and ensures that students as well as their families enjoy a comfortable experience along with an opportunity to always watch every class through spacious viewing windows.
By signing up early and beating the September rush, you will secure a spot in your desired class and time. In just a few easy steps, you can register on-line for all your favorite classes! If you prefer to register in person, please visit our studio located at 451 Woody Rd in Oakville (Speers & Dorval). Happy Dancing and thank you for choosing Allegro! To find out more about Oakville’s favourite dance academy CLICK HERE.
To Register, click the link below!
INFO SHEET & UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS – 2018/19
Please note that uniforms will be enforced. If a student is not dressed in proper dance wear repeatedly, they may have to sit out.
Unless you are a Hip Hop dancer, please do not come to class in street wear or baggy clothes.
- Long hair must always be pulled back into a pony tail.
- Dancers in Ballet Level 1+ (with long hair) must wear their hair in a bun for class.
- Please – no decorative hair clips or hair bands and limit jewellery to small earrings and rings.
- Please write your name in all dance wear and shoes.
Creative Movement & Pre Ballet
- BLACK or PINK bodysuit (any style)
- Ballet SOFT PINK tights (convertible or footed) or bare legs with WHITE ankle socks
- Small (attached or separate) skirts are optional – NO TUTUS
- PINK ballet slippers (leather or canvas)
Ballet 1 & Up
- BLACK bodysuit (any style)
- Ballet SOFT PINK tights or bare legs with WHITE ankle socks
- PINK ballet slippers (leather or canvas)
For your first pair, pointe shoes should be fitted at the Shoe Room, Toronto. For Rec Dancers, pointe shoes will not be required for the first 3 classes because we will be working on Pre-Pointe strengthening exercises.
JAZZ /TAP /ACRO/LYRICAL
- BLACK bodysuit or BLACK form fitting half top (with dance shorts)
- BEIGE tights (convertible or footed) or bare legs with socks
- BLACK dance shorts are optional over tights – NO YOGA PANTS OR TRACK PANTS
- Jazz – BEIGE jazz shoes with small heel (leather or canvas)
- Tap – BLACK tap shoes – any style (Please purchase from a dancewear store. Shoes from Payless, Walmart, etc. cut the floor when screws come loose from taps.)
- Acro – Bare feet
- Lyrical – “Body Wrappers” BEIGE pleated half-soles or BEIGE jazz shoes (leather or canvas)
Comfortable clothing – t-shirts, track pants/shorts – NO JEANS OR SKIRTS. Please avoid labels and graphics.
Clean soled running shoes or jazz sneakers – BLACK low-cut Converse type shoes will need to be purchased for recital.
*Please do not wear your hip hop sneakers into the school from outside, change into them once in the school.
- Ballet –WHITE t-shirt & BLACK shorts or BLACK tights & BLACK ballet slippers
- Jazz/Tap/Acro/Lyrical/MT – WHITE t-shirt & BLACK shorts & required shoes (as noted above)
- Jazz – Beige slip-on “So Danca” leather jazz shoes. Mondor Caramel convertible tights.
- Ballet – Pink canvas “So Danca” split sole ballet slippers (no drawstrings). Mondor ballet pink footed or convertible tights.
- Lyrical – “Body Wrappers” beige leather pleated half-soles. Mondor tan convertible tights or bare legs.
- Hair in a bun for ALL classes.
The following store have a list of our uniform requirements:
635 Fourth Line, Units 12-13
2025 William O’Connell Blvd., Unit 9
4012 New Street
4155 Fairview Street
*Please note that regular Saturday classes will run during long weekends, Easter weekend and Easter Monday.
June 29 – 1st payment due and processed for Pre-Reg. Prices
Aug. 27 – 1st payment due and processed for regular prices
Sept. 10 – First day of classes!!!
Oct. 8 – Studio closed for Thanksgiving
Nov. 12 – Comp Dancers – 2nd Installment due
Dec. 23-Jan. 6 – Studio closed for the Holidays
Jan. 7 – Rec. Dancers – 2nd payment due and processed.
Feb. 11 – Comp Dancers – 3rd Installment due
Feb. 18 – Studio closed for Family Day
Mar. 11-16 – Studio closed for March Break
May 20 – Studio closed for Victoria Day
June 4 – Recital Dress Rehearsal
June 8 – Last day of classes
June 15 – Recital
PAYMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- FOR RECREATIONAL DANCERS, THERE WILL BE 36 WEEKS OF INSTRUCTION THROUGHOUT THE YEAR, DIVIDED INTO TWO EQUAL PAYMENTS. THE FIRST PAYMENT WILL COVER CLASSES BEGINNING ON SEPT. 10, 2018 AND THE SECOND WILL COVER CLASSES BEGINNING ON MON. JAN. 28, 2019. DUE TO STATUTORY HOLIDAYS, MONDAY DANCERS WILL ONLY RECEIVE 33 WEEKS OF INSTRUCTION PER YEAR AND HAVE AN ADJUSTED PRICE TO REFLECT THE MISSED CLASSES. TO SECURE A PLACE IN A RECREATIONAL DANCE CLASS, 2 POST-DATED CHEQUES OR CREDIT CARD NUMBER MUST BE INCLUDED ON OR WITH THE REGISTRATION FORM.
- COMPETITIVE DANCERS WILL HAVE THEIR FEES DIVIDED INTO 3 EQUAL INSTALLMENTS. THE FIRST WILL BE DUE ON JUNE 29, 2018 (for pre-reg prices) OR 27, 2018 (for regular prices) AND NOV. 12, 2018 AND FEB. 11, 2019. DUE TO STATUTORY HOLIDAYS, COMP DANCE CLASSES SCHEDULED ON MONDAYS WILL ONLY RECEIVE 33 WEEKS OF INSTRUCTION PER YEAR AND HAVE AN ADJUSTED TERM PRICE TO REFLECT THE MISSED CLASSES. TO SECURE A PLACE IN THE COMPETITIVE DANCE PROGRAM, 3 POST DATED CHEQUES OR A CREDIT CARD NUMBER MUST BE INCLUDED ON OR WITH THE REGISTRATION FORM.
- IF YOUR CHILD WISHES TO WITHDRAW FROM A RECREATIONAL DANCE CLASS, ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE MUST RECEIVE WRITTEN NOTICE BEFORE AUG 27, 2018 FOR TERM 1 or BEFORE JAN 7, 2019 FOR TERM 2. IF WRITTEN NOTICE IS RECEIVED, THEN YOUR CHEQUES WILL NOT BE DEPOSITED OR YOUR CARD WILL NOT BE BILLED. EXCEPTIONS WILL NOT BE MADE TO ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE’S REFUND POLICY UNLESS A DOCTOR’S NOTE HAS BEEN RECEIVED, IN WHICH CASE A STUDIO CREDIT MAY BE ISSUED.
- IF YOUR CHILD WISHES TO WITHDRAW FROM THE COMPETITIVE PROGRAM, ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE MUST RECEIVE WRITTEN NOTICE BEFORE 27, 2018 FOR TERM 1 or BEFORE NOV. 12, 2018 FOR TERM 2 or BEFORE FEB. 11, 2019 FOR TERM 3. IF WRITTEN NOTICE IS RECEIVED, THEN YOUR CHEQUES WILL NOT BE DEPOSITED OR YOUR CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED. EXCEPTIONS WILL NOT BE MADE TO ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE’S REFUND POLICY UNLESS A DOCTOR’S NOTE HAS BEEN RECEIVED IN WHICH CASE A CREDIT MAY BE ISSUED. PLEASE NOTE, REGARDLESS OF THE REASON, FOR COMPETITIVE DANCERS, THERE WILL BE A $250 WITHDRAW FEE DEDUCTED FROM THE REFUNDED AMOUNT OF FEES RETURNED TO YOU.
- IF YOU HAVE PRE-REGISTERED BUT CHOOSE TO WITHDRAW FROM CLASSES AFTER JUNE 29, 2018 AND BEFORE AUGUST 27, 2018 YOUR FULL TUITION AND COSTUME DEPOSIT FOR TERM 1 WILL BE REFUNDED MINUS A $30 PROCESSING FEE, PER REGISTERED CLASS.
- A COSTUME FEE FOR THE YEAR-END RECITAL HAS BEEN INCORPORATED INTO THE TERM PRICE FOR ALL RECREATIONAL & COMPETITIVE GROUP CLASSES. IF YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING IN THE RECITAL, PLEASE INFORM ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE BEFORE JAN. 7, 2019 AND YOUR TERM 2 CHEQUE WILL BE ADJUSTED FOR THE TOTAL COST OF THE COSTUME. IF YOUR CHILD CHOOSES NOT TO CONTINUE FOR TERM 2, YOUR COSTUME DEPOSIT FROM TERM 1 WILL NOT BE REFUNDED. ALL COMPETITIVE SOLO, DUET, SMALL GROUP AND OPTIONAL CLASS COSTUMES ARE IN ADDITION TO THE COMPETITIVE PRICE LIST AND WILL BE INVOICED INDIVIDUALLY DEPENDING ON THE COSTUME.
- FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES, IT IS MANDATORY FOR PARENTS TO SIGN AND AGREE TO THE “RELEASE OF LIABILITY” FORM BELOW. DANCERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLASS UNLESS THIS FORM HAS BEEN SIGNED AND RETURNED.
- A $25 SERVICE CHARGE WILL BE APPLIED TO ALL RETURNED AND NSF CHEQUES
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Make-Up Classes – Students are allowed two make-up classes per term. Please notify the studio before attending a make-up class. Classes that fall on statutory holidays are not made up because term fees have been adjusted for Monday classes.
- Extreme Weather or Unexpected Interruption of Classes – If the studio must cancel classes due to extreme weather or events beyond our control such as power outages, etc, the missed lessons will be not be made-up, however dancers are invited to join another similar class on the schedule to make-up the missed one. No refunds will be given due to the circumstances listed above. Please check the website or Facebook page after 12 noon (on weekdays) or after 8am (on Saturdays) for cancellations or call the studio and check our voice mail.
- Substitute Teachers – The studio reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. If the teacher is ill and the studio cannot arrange a substitute, any missed classes will be made-up.
- Care of Students – The studio is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students. Parents with students under the age of 5 should stay at the studio during classes. Students are not to be left at the studio for excessive time before or after class.
- Dance Dress Code – Required dance wear and dance shoes must be worn to all classes. Failure to wear required dance wear to class could result in students being asked to sit out. Long hair must also be tied back neatly in a ponytail or bun for all dancers with long hair.
CLASSES BEGIN ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH
Back-to-Dance Workshop – Sept 4-6
You won’t want to miss this! Allegro is hosting a Back-to-Dance Workshop with the industry’s most sought after performers, choreographers and producers! Learn from artists that are respected, in demand and leading the dance world!
Workshop running Sept 4-6 from approx 5:00-7:30pm (exact times tba). Each class will be 1.25 hours long with a Q&A session for parents and students to learn about their instructors’ careers and how they got to be where they are today!
Greta Hodgkinson – Principal Dancer with The National Ballet of Canada
Julia Cratchley – Choreographer & Dancer (Helix, Conteur and Transcendance Dance Companies)
Jeff Dimitriou – Film, TV and Production Choreographer (PanAm Games, Cirque du Soleil, Twilight)
Jaime Hodgins – Dancer, Producer & Choreographer (The Mini Pops Kids)
Miguel Ramirez – Hip Hop Dancer & Choreographer (AirTight Entertainment)
$160+hst for 6 classes. Call 905-815-9239 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register! This workshop is open to all Competitive/Pre-Professional Level Dancers ages 8+.
Have it ALL in 1 Dance Studio. See why Allegro is Oakville’s #1 choice!
Allegro School of Dance has been serving the Oakville community for 16+ year under the same trusted Ownership and Direction. Visit us today to see why we we will always be your #1 choice for Dance Instruction in Oakville!
√..Professionally sprung floating “Harlequin” dance floors – for injury prevention.
√..Parent viewing windows to every studio – you always see what is happening in the classroom at all times.
√..Security surveillance cameras – for student’s safety.
√..Full time desk staff – so instructors can focus on teaching instead of dealing with administrative issues.
√..Qualified Teachers – accredited by RAD, CDTA, Imperial Society of Dance, Russian Society of Dance, PAEC, Cecchetti Society and union member with ACTRA & EQUITY. High school students will never be your child’s primary teacher.
√..Dancers taught and motivated by encouragement – teachers are hired not only for their accreditation but also for their character and disposition with their students.
√..Recreational and Competitive Dancers share the same teachers, studio space and perform in the same recital – all dancers receive equally qualified instruction regardless of their level.
√..Several levels of the same dance style offered for students of different ages and abilities – your 9 year old will not be in the same class as a 5 year old.
√..More choice with days and Times – We have 5 studios running classes so there is sure to be an appropriate class that works with YOUR busy schedule.
√..Proven training track record – several students have been accepted to professional intensives and full-time programs at the Royal Winnipeg, Quinte, School of American Ballet, Ryerson University’s Theatre Program & Canada’s National Ballet School.
√..Recital costumes included in yearly tuition fees – there will be no surprise invoices throughout the year and you will not be responsible for sewing your own recital costume.
√..Recitals in a professional theatre with affordable ticket pricing – bringing your entire family to the recital will not break your bank.
√..Comparable pricing to all other dance studios – you will pay the same but receive more.
√..No fundraising – you will never be asked to raise money to supplement studio costs.
√..Customer appreciation barbecue & “Fun Day” – bonding celebration for dancers and their families, all free of charge.
√..Fun dance classes and friendly studio atmosphere – it is possible to provide good training in a motivating and uplifting environment so that dancers leave with a smile on their face.
CLICK HERE TO SEE 4 QUESTIONS EVERY PARENT SHOULD ASK BEFORE REGISTERING FOR DANCE!
10 Reasons why Allegro’s Facility is Second to None!
Allegro School of Dance has been serving the Oakville community for 16+ year under the same trusted Ownership and Direction. Read below to find out why everyone is talking about our new facility!
1. Five oversized studios – all with professionally sprung Harlequin floors, natural light, high ceilings, wall-to-wall mirrors and anchored barres
2. Parent viewing windows leading into all dance studios
3. Professional sound systems installed in every classroom
4. Bright, comfortable family-friendly waiting area with free Wi-Fi
5. Quiet homework room for dancers and their families
6. Large, clean changing rooms for boys and girls
7. Ample well-lit parking to accommodate all classrooms
8. Convenient and safe drop off area for parents and dancers
9. Security surveillance cameras monitoring common areas and dance studios
10. Convenience to numerous shopping centres and amenities
2018 SUMMER DANCE CAMP
REGISTER TODAY FOR SUMMER DANCE CAMP!
LET’S DANCE, MEET NEW FRIENDS AND HAVE FUN!!
Recreational Dance Camp is a great way to keep active and develop new friendships this summer! Join us at Allegro for one or two weeks of fun-filled Dance Camps. Ballet, Jazz, Hip Hop, Acro, Lyrical and Conditioning classes will be offered daily along with creative arts and crafts. Register today and secure a spot in one of Oakville’s most popular summer camps for kids!
HALF-DAY CAMPS FOR 4-8 YRS OLD
JULY 16-20 or AUGUST 20-24
(9:00AM–12:30PM) $185/WEEK (tax included)
INCLUDES 3 DANCE CLASSES/DAY & CRAFTS
FULL-DAY CAMP FOR 6-12 YRS OLD
JULY 16-20 or AUGUST 20-24
(9:00AM–5:00PM) $345/WEEK (tax included)
INCLUDES 4+ DANCE CLASSES/DAY & CRAFTS
FUN FOR EVERYONE!!!
REGISTER FOR SUMMER DANCE CAMP AT ALLEGRO TODAY!!
Call – (905)815-9239 or email – email@example.com
Click the pink link below to download the form
2018/19 Referral Program – It’s Back!!!
At, Allegro, we love YOU….and we love your friends! That’s why we want you to refer your friends to US!!! When you refer a friend, we will show our appreciation by offering a Term 2 credit for every new friend that pre-registers for dance lessons before June 29, 2018! The scale below shows how you can save –
1 Friend = $20 credit for Term 2
2 Friends = $40 credit for Term 2
5 Friends = $100 credit for Term 2
Start saving now by telling your friends how much you love dancing at Allegro;) In the meantime, we hope all of our Dancers are looking forward to being on stage in a just a couple months when we perform for family and friends at our annual Allegro Recital on June 16!!!
4 Questions Every Parent Should Ask Before Registering For Dance Lessons
1. What type of Dance Floor is used?
Dance is a physical activity which involves a lot of jumping. This can put stress on bones and joints if it not practiced on the proper floor. Since dance footwear does not provide cushioning or support, the shock of a hard floor can create pressure on the knees, ankles and back of a dancer and lead to injuries such as shin splints, stress fractures and tired joints. It is crucial that even the youngest dancers begin their training on a professionally sprung “floating” floor that provides the right cushion and give for the demands of dance. A floating floor is one that rests on individual high density foam based cushions to absorb the shock of jumping and landing.
The top layer of the dance floor is also an important factor. A vinyl/linoleum “Harlequin” is accepted worldwide as the surface for recreational and professional dance. Renowned companies such as the National Ballet of Canada, The New York City Ballet and The Royal Ballet in London all use Harlequin as their dance surface. This type of floor allows the right amount slide and traction to eliminate slips and falls. Regardless of the added expense, a Harlequin floor is the best and first choice of almost all major professional dance companies.
All of our studios are equipped with floating floors and Harlequin surfaces so that our dancers reduce the risk of injury and can dance longer without becoming fatigued.
2. Are all dancers qualified to teach children?
Dance Teachers should be chosen and hired because of their credentials, experience and character. Many performers are wonderful dancers, but are they qualified to teach? Do they have experience maintaining control of a classroom? Are they clear with their instruction and prepared? Do they have a friendly disposition? And are they patient and good with kids?
Often the two are confused, but it is so important that a dance instructor is not only an accomplished performer, but also a skilled teacher. It is always recommended that a teacher has experience on stage, however it is probably more important that they have logged enough hours in the studio so that they can effectively communicate to all of their students regardless of their learning approach.
At Allegro, we only hire good-natured, experienced instructors with reputable teaching credentials. Of course, our teachers are also seasoned performers with affiliation and members of reputable unions such as ACTRA and EQUITY, but they are also accredited with teaching associations such as CDTA, PAEC, The Imperial System and The Russian Society of Dance. You can rest assured that staff at Allegro School of Dance will never be learning on the job.
Click the LINK below to find out why our instructors are second to none!
3. What are the “extras” required for the year end show?
Most studios put on a year-end show in a professional theatre. As part of the show, students participating must have a costume for their dance routine.
Some studios may require parents to sew their own costume or find a seamstress to sew it for them. Or, you may be required to buy specific items from assigned stores that may or may not have your size in stock. Needless to say, this is can be very inconvenient and time consuming for busy parents, not to mention costly. If you are at a studio that supplies the costume, you will likely receive what may be an unexpected costume invoice throughout the year so that your dancer’s outfit is ordered and made. Often the cost of the costume is determined mid-year and the price could be a big surprise.
At Allegro School of Dance, all recreational dance recital costumes are included in the tuition. You will never receive a surprise invoice and costume fees will never inflate or be adjusted throughout the year. As parents at Allegro, you do not have to worry about any costume hassles. We work with professional companies to ensure that all recreational and competitive dancers will have a beautiful costume that is custom ordered to fit every child at no additional cost.
4. Can I get immediate assistance and customer service?
In many studios, the teacher or the studio owner conducts classes and also does the administration. By trying to do two jobs at once, the class may suffer as the teacher has to use class time for customer service issues. Or, if the teacher is in class, there may not be anyone available to help you with your questions and you may have to wait until classes are over to hear back from the studio. To ensure a good experience, it is important to choose a studio that can always assist you with details such as scheduling, student absences and make-up classes, invoice inquires and costume details to name just a few.
Even if all teachers are busy in their classroom, Allegro School of Dance has office staff on hand before classes start and during regular scheduled class times so that you can get immediate assistance at YOUR convenience.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE MORE REASONS WHY ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE IS YOUR #1 CHOICE FOR DANCE LESSONS IN OAKVILLE!