INFO SHEET & UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS – 2018/19
Please note that uniforms will be enforced. If a student is not dressed in proper dance wear repeatedly, they may have to sit out.
Unless you are a Hip Hop dancer, please do not come to class in street wear or baggy clothes.
- Long hair must always be pulled back into a pony tail.
- Dancers in Ballet Level 1+ (with long hair) must wear their hair in a bun for class.
- Please – no decorative hair clips or hair bands and limit jewellery to small earrings and rings.
- Please write your name in all dance wear and shoes.
Creative Movement & Pre Ballet
- BLACK or PINK bodysuit (any style)
- Ballet SOFT PINK tights (convertible or footed) or bare legs with WHITE ankle socks
- Small (attached or separate) skirts are optional – NO TUTUS
- PINK ballet slippers (leather or canvas)
Ballet 1 & Up
- BLACK bodysuit (any style)
- Ballet SOFT PINK tights or bare legs with WHITE ankle socks
- PINK ballet slippers (leather or canvas)
For your first pair, pointe shoes should be fitted at the Shoe Room, Toronto. For Rec Dancers, pointe shoes will not be required for the first 3 classes because we will be working on Pre-Pointe strengthening exercises.
JAZZ /TAP /ACRO/LYRICAL
- BLACK bodysuit or BLACK form fitting half top (with dance shorts)
- BEIGE tights (convertible or footed) or bare legs with socks
- BLACK dance shorts are optional over tights – NO YOGA PANTS OR TRACK PANTS
- Jazz – BEIGE jazz shoes with small heel (leather or canvas)
- Tap – BLACK tap shoes – any style (Please purchase from a dancewear store. Shoes from Payless, Walmart, etc. cut the floor when screws come loose from taps.)
- Acro – Bare feet
- Lyrical – “Body Wrappers” BEIGE pleated half-soles or BEIGE jazz shoes (leather or canvas)
Comfortable clothing – t-shirts, track pants/shorts – NO JEANS OR SKIRTS. Please avoid labels and graphics.
Clean soled running shoes or jazz sneakers – BLACK low-cut Converse type shoes will need to be purchased for recital.
*Please do not wear your hip hop sneakers into the school from outside, change into them once in the school.
- Ballet –WHITE t-shirt & BLACK shorts or BLACK tights & BLACK ballet slippers
- Jazz/Tap/Acro/Lyrical/MT – WHITE t-shirt & BLACK shorts & required shoes (as noted above)
- Jazz – Beige slip-on “So Danca” leather jazz shoes. Mondor Caramel convertible tights.
- Ballet – Pink canvas “So Danca” split sole ballet slippers (no drawstrings). Mondor ballet pink footed or convertible tights.
- Lyrical – “Body Wrappers” beige leather pleated half-soles. Mondor tan convertible tights or bare legs.
- Hair in a bun for ALL classes.
The following store have a list of our uniform requirements:
635 Fourth Line, Units 12-13
2025 William O’Connell Blvd., Unit 9
4012 New Street
4155 Fairview Street
*Please note that regular Saturday classes will run during long weekends, Easter weekend and Easter Monday.
June 29 – 1st payment due and processed for Pre-Reg. Prices
Aug. 27 – 1st payment due and processed for regular prices
Sept. 10 – First day of classes!!!
Oct. 8 – Studio closed for Thanksgiving
Nov. 12 – Comp Dancers – 2nd Installment due
Dec. 23-Jan. 6 – Studio closed for the Holidays
Jan. 7 – Rec. Dancers – 2nd payment due and processed.
Feb. 11 – Comp Dancers – 3rd Installment due
Feb. 18 – Studio closed for Family Day
Mar. 11-16 – Studio closed for March Break
May 20 – Studio closed for Victoria Day
June 4 – Recital Dress Rehearsal
June 8 – Last day of classes
June 1 – Recital
PAYMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- FOR RECREATIONAL DANCERS, THERE WILL BE 36 WEEKS OF INSTRUCTION THROUGHOUT THE YEAR, DIVIDED INTO TWO EQUAL PAYMENTS. THE FIRST PAYMENT WILL COVER CLASSES BEGINNING ON SEPT. 10, 2018 AND THE SECOND WILL COVER CLASSES BEGINNING ON MON. JAN. 28, 2019. DUE TO STATUTORY HOLIDAYS, MONDAY DANCERS WILL ONLY RECEIVE 33 WEEKS OF INSTRUCTION PER YEAR AND HAVE AN ADJUSTED PRICE TO REFLECT THE MISSED CLASSES. TO SECURE A PLACE IN A RECREATIONAL DANCE CLASS, 2 POST-DATED CHEQUES OR CREDIT CARD NUMBER MUST BE INCLUDED ON OR WITH THE REGISTRATION FORM.
- COMPETITIVE DANCERS WILL HAVE THEIR FEES DIVIDED INTO 3 EQUAL INSTALLMENTS. THE FIRST WILL BE DUE ON JUNE 29, 2018 (for pre-reg prices) OR 27, 2018 (for regular prices) AND NOV. 12, 2018 AND FEB. 11, 2019. DUE TO STATUTORY HOLIDAYS, COMP DANCE CLASSES SCHEDULED ON MONDAYS WILL ONLY RECEIVE 33 WEEKS OF INSTRUCTION PER YEAR AND HAVE AN ADJUSTED TERM PRICE TO REFLECT THE MISSED CLASSES. TO SECURE A PLACE IN THE COMPETITIVE DANCE PROGRAM, 3 POST DATED CHEQUES OR A CREDIT CARD NUMBER MUST BE INCLUDED ON OR WITH THE REGISTRATION FORM.
- IF YOUR CHILD WISHES TO WITHDRAW FROM A RECREATIONAL DANCE CLASS, ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE MUST RECEIVE WRITTEN NOTICE BEFORE AUG 27, 2018 FOR TERM 1 or BEFORE JAN 7, 2019 FOR TERM 2. IF WRITTEN NOTICE IS RECEIVED, THEN YOUR CHEQUES WILL NOT BE DEPOSITED OR YOUR CARD WILL NOT BE BILLED. EXCEPTIONS WILL NOT BE MADE TO ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE’S REFUND POLICY UNLESS A DOCTOR’S NOTE HAS BEEN RECEIVED, IN WHICH CASE A STUDIO CREDIT MAY BE ISSUED.
- IF YOUR CHILD WISHES TO WITHDRAW FROM THE COMPETITIVE PROGRAM, ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE MUST RECEIVE WRITTEN NOTICE BEFORE 27, 2018 FOR TERM 1 or BEFORE NOV. 12, 2018 FOR TERM 2 or BEFORE FEB. 11, 2019 FOR TERM 3. IF WRITTEN NOTICE IS RECEIVED, THEN YOUR CHEQUES WILL NOT BE DEPOSITED OR YOUR CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED. EXCEPTIONS WILL NOT BE MADE TO ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE’S REFUND POLICY UNLESS A DOCTOR’S NOTE HAS BEEN RECEIVED IN WHICH CASE A CREDIT MAY BE ISSUED. PLEASE NOTE, REGARDLESS OF THE REASON, FOR COMPETITIVE DANCERS, THERE WILL BE A $250 WITHDRAW FEE DEDUCTED FROM THE REFUNDED AMOUNT OF FEES RETURNED TO YOU.
- IF YOU HAVE PRE-REGISTERED BUT CHOOSE TO WITHDRAW FROM CLASSES AFTER JUNE 29, 2018 AND BEFORE AUGUST 27, 2018 YOUR FULL TUITION AND COSTUME DEPOSIT FOR TERM 1 WILL BE REFUNDED MINUS A $30 PROCESSING FEE, PER REGISTERED CLASS.
- A COSTUME FEE FOR THE YEAR-END RECITAL HAS BEEN INCORPORATED INTO THE TERM PRICE FOR ALL RECREATIONAL & COMPETITIVE GROUP CLASSES. IF YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING IN THE RECITAL, PLEASE INFORM ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE BEFORE JAN. 7, 2019 AND YOUR TERM 2 CHEQUE WILL BE ADJUSTED FOR THE TOTAL COST OF THE COSTUME. IF YOUR CHILD CHOOSES NOT TO CONTINUE FOR TERM 2, YOUR COSTUME DEPOSIT FROM TERM 1 WILL NOT BE REFUNDED. ALL COMPETITIVE SOLO, DUET, SMALL GROUP AND OPTIONAL CLASS COSTUMES ARE IN ADDITION TO THE COMPETITIVE PRICE LIST AND WILL BE INVOICED INDIVIDUALLY DEPENDING ON THE COSTUME.
- FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES, IT IS MANDATORY FOR PARENTS TO SIGN AND AGREE TO THE “RELEASE OF LIABILITY” FORM BELOW. DANCERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLASS UNLESS THIS FORM HAS BEEN SIGNED AND RETURNED.
- A $25 SERVICE CHARGE WILL BE APPLIED TO ALL RETURNED AND NSF CHEQUES
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Make-Up Classes – Students are allowed two make-up classes per term. Please notify the studio before attending a make-up class. Classes that fall on statutory holidays are not made up because term fees have been adjusted for Monday classes.
- Extreme Weather or Unexpected Interruption of Classes – If the studio must cancel classes due to extreme weather or events beyond our control such as power outages, etc, the missed lessons will be not be made-up, however dancers are invited to join another similar class on the schedule to make-up the missed one. No refunds will be given due to the circumstances listed above. Please check the website or Facebook page after 12 noon (on weekdays) or after 8am (on Saturdays) for cancellations or call the studio and check our voice mail.
- Substitute Teachers – The studio reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. If the teacher is ill and the studio cannot arrange a substitute, any missed classes will be made-up.
- Care of Students – The studio is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students. Parents with students under the age of 5 should stay at the studio during classes. Students are not to be left at the studio for excessive time before or after class.
- Dance Dress Code – Required dance wear and dance shoes must be worn to all classes. Failure to wear required dance wear to class could result in students being asked to sit out. Long hair must also be tied back neatly in a ponytail or bun for all dancers with long hair.
CLASSES BEGIN ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH