COVID SELF SCREENING LINK
Please fill out and show your teacher upon entry.
2021/22 Registration Dance Package
Hello and welcome to a new season of dance at Allegro!
We hope you are all doing well and staying healthy. Like you, we’re excited to get back to routine and very eager to dance again. You are all greatly missed; what’s normally a hustling and bustling studio with so much life has never felt so lonely. On the bright side, it’s comforting to know that we have made it through the hard part; once we’re back, every day dancing will be a gift!
When browsing through the registration info, please be aware that our planning is based solely on speculation. The true makeup of our year will depend on guidelines put in place by public health. Changes are inevitable as vaccinations continue to ramp up and new rules are put in place.
If you have any questions pertaining to next year or would like to enroll for the upcoming season, please visit the links below or call the studio for more assistance – (905)815-9239.
From all of us at Allegro, thank you and we look forward to dancing with you soon!
ALLEGRO DANCE CAMP INFORMATION
Please read through all the information very carefully before attending Allegro Dance Camp. There are a lot of details provided by the ministry pertaining to Covid-19 regulations and safety. We must abide by the rules put in place to keep everyone healthy. If we don’t, our camp will be shut down and the studio will be heavily fined. Thank you in advance for your co-operation.
Mon August 16th – 20th – Half Day 9:00am-12:30pm | Full Day 9:00am – 4:00pm
RESPONSIBILITY OF ALLEGRO (SET BY THE PROVINCE)
- Where social distance of 2 meters cannot be maintained, masks must be worn (please bring your own).
- There will be a maximum of 13-15 campers in each group (depending on ages).
- Each group will not mix with the other’s space or enter each other’s designated studio.
- Cleaning log will be posted and cleaning will be tracked each day.
- All equipment used will be disinfected 2 times per day if frequently touched, otherwise disinfected at end of each day.
- Frequently touched surfaces ie. door knobs, toilet and faucets, table tops etc. will be disinfected 2 times per day.
- Staff will encourage proper hand hygiene and proper respiratory etiquette and supervise/assist campers when needed.
- Daily records to be kept of anyone entering the program and staying longer than 15 minutes (record to include name, contact information, time of arrival / departure, screening completion, etc).
RESPONSIBILITY OF ALLEGRO CAMPERS
- If you (parent/guardian) suspect your child is ill or has been in close contact with someone who may have contracted Covid-19, do not bring your child to dance camp until your local public health can provide further direction.
- Please bring your child already dressed in dancewear for dance camp prior to drop-off; change room will be closed.
- Please bring a cloth mask for your child. Allegro will not provide them.
- Any personal belongings brought in should be labeled and kept in the camper’s designated dance studio – please bring a large bag to keep all belongings together.
DANCERS SHOULD WEAR & BRING
- bodysuit (any colour) with tights or bare legs and white socks
- ballet slippers or jazz shoes
- track pants & dance shorts are optional for Hip Hop and Conditioning
- clean running shoes for Hip Hop
- Yoga Mat
- Old oversized shirt to wear during craft time (we be getting dirty with paints, etc)
SNACKS & LUNCH
- Please pack your own nut-free snacks and lunch as breaks will be provided throughout the day. Also, please remember to bring a labelled water bottle that the dancers can refill.
DROP OFF & PICK UP
- Sign in/out will be organized and processed at designated doors, outside of Allegro School of Dance. Processing and screening will begin at 8:45am.
- Daily logs will be kept by Allegro staff of anyone entering the program and staying longer than 15 minutes.
- Prior to entry, every Allegro camper’s temperature will be taken (disinfecting thermometer between each use)
- Upon entry / exit to and from the building, Allegro campers will sanitize their hands (alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be made available at the front door).
- Allegro campers who are ill will not be allowed to enter the program.
- Anyone showing signs of Covid-19 while in camp will be isolated to a designated area away from all others and their parent/guardian will be called for immediate pick-up.
- Unfortunately, due to Covid-19 there will not be a performance at the end of the week. Parents/guardians cannot be in the same room / space at the same time as the dance groups. We will film routines for families to watch at home.
MANAGEMENT OF CAMP PARTICIPANTS WITH SUSPECTED COVID-19
- If a camper becomes symptomatic for Covid-19, he/she will be immediately separated from others to a supervised area until they can go home.
- Local public health will be notified of potential case and will seek advice regarding information that should be shared with other parents / guardians of the camp participants.
- While contacting public health – at a minimum, the camper and staff supervisor should wear masks.
- Allegro camper will be reminded of hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette while waiting for pick-up.
- Other campers and staff who are present while a camper became ill should be identified as a close contact and grouped together until then can be picked up to self-isolate at home.
- The local public health unit will provide any further direction on testing and isolation of these close contacts.
- Camper or staff exposed to a confirmed case of Covid-19 should be excluded from the program for 14 days.
PAYMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
- It is mandatory for parents to sign the “Release of Liability” form for insurance purposes. Dancers will not be allowed to participate in class unless this form has been signed and returned. This Release of Liability was included in the paperwork that you submitted to the office upon registration.
- If a student wishes to withdraw from the summer camp, please give Allegro School of Dance written notice at least two weeks before the commencement date. If written notice is received, then your payment will be refunded in full.
- Receipts will be available during the week of Dance Camp
DANCE CAMP TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
HALF DAY DANCERS: Door 5 (at the front of the building)
- 9:00-9:45 Jazz
- 9:45-10:00 Games
- 10:00-10:45 Ballet
- 10:45-11:30 Craft / Snack
- 11:30-12:15 Hip Hop
- 12:15-12:30 Pack up / Games
FULL DAY DANCERS: Door 1 (at the back of the building)
- 9:00-10:00 Jazz
- 10:00-11:00 Craft / Snack
- 11:00-12:00 Ballet
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch/Games
- 1:00-2:00 Hip Hop / Lyrical
- 2:00-3:00 Movie / Snack
- 3:00-4:00 Conditioning
If you have any additional questions please call the studio at
905-815-9239 or email – firstname.lastname@example.org
451 Woody Rd Oakville, ON L6K 2Y
INFO SHEET & UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS – 2021-22
Please note that uniforms will be enforced. If a student is not dressed in proper dance wear repeatedly, they may have to sit out.
Unless you are a Hip Hop dancer, please do not come to class in street wear or baggy clothes.
- Long hair must always be pulled back into a pony tail.
- Dancers in Ballet Level 1+ (with long hair) must wear their hair in a bun for class.
- Please – no decorative hair clips or hair bands and limit jewellery to small earrings and rings.
- Please write your name in all dance wear and shoes.
Creative Movement & Pre Ballet
- BLACK or PINK bodysuit (any style)
- Ballet SOFT PINK tights (convertible or footed) or bare legs with WHITE ankle socks
- Small (attached or separate) skirts are optional – NO TUTUS
- PINK ballet slippers (leather or canvas)
Ballet 1 & Up
- BLACK bodysuit (any style)
- Ballet SOFT PINK tights or bare legs with WHITE ankle socks
- PINK ballet slippers (leather or canvas)
For your first pair, pointe shoes should be fitted at the Shoe Room, Toronto. For Rec Dancers, pointe shoes will not be required for the first 3 classes because we will be working on Pre-Pointe strengthening exercises.
JAZZ /TAP /ACRO/LYRICAL
- BLACK bodysuit or BLACK form fitting half top (with dance shorts)
- BEIGE tights (convertible or footed) or bare legs with socks
- BLACK dance shorts are optional over tights – NO YOGA PANTS OR TRACK PANTS
- Jazz – BEIGE jazz shoes with small heel (leather or canvas)
- Tap – BLACK tap shoes – any style (Please purchase from a dancewear store. Shoes from Payless, Walmart, etc. cut the floor when screws come loose from taps.)
- Acro – Bare feet
- Lyrical – “Body Wrappers” BEIGE pleated half-soles or BEIGE jazz shoes (leather or canvas)
Comfortable clothing – t-shirts, track pants/shorts – NO JEANS OR SKIRTS. Please avoid labels and graphics.
Clean soled running shoes or jazz sneakers – BLACK low-cut Converse type shoes will need to be purchased for recital.
*Please do not wear your hip hop sneakers into the school from outside, change into them once in the school.
- Ballet –WHITE t-shirt & BLACK shorts or BLACK tights & BLACK ballet slippers
- Jazz/Tap/Acro/Lyrical/MT – WHITE t-shirt & BLACK shorts & required shoes (as noted above)
- Jazz – Beige slip-on “So Danca” leather jazz shoes. Mondor Caramel convertible tights.
- Ballet – Pink canvas “So Danca” split sole ballet slippers (no drawstrings). Mondor ballet pink footed or convertible tights.
- Lyrical – “Body Wrappers” beige leather pleated half-soles. Mondor tan convertible tights or bare legs.
- Hair in a bun for ALL classes.
The following store have a list of our uniform requirements:
635 Fourth Line, Units 12-13
2025 William O’Connell Blvd., Unit 9
4012 New Street
4155 Fairview Street
*Please note that regular Saturday classes will run during long weekends, Easter weekend and Easter Monday.
June 25 – 1st payment due and processed for Pre-Reg. Prices
Aug. 27 – 1st payment due and processed for regular prices
Sept. 13 – First day of classes!!!
Oct. 11 – Studio closed for Thanksgiving
Nov. 15 – Comp Dancers – 2nd Installment due
Dec. 19-Jan. 2 – Studio closed for the Holidays
Jan. 3 – Rec. Dancers – 2nd payment due and processed.
Feb. 14 – Comp Dancers – 3rd Installment due
Feb. 21 – Studio closed for Family Day
Mar. 14-20 – Studio closed for March Break
Apr. 15 – Studio closed for Good Friday
May 23 – Studio closed for Victoria Day
June 7 – Recreational Dress Rehearsal
June 11 – Last day of classes
June 18 – RECITAL!!!
PAYMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- FOR RECREATIONAL DANCERS, THERE WILL BE 36 WEEKS OF INSTRUCTION THROUGHOUT THE YEAR, DIVIDED INTO TWO EQUAL PAYMENTS. THE FIRST PAYMENT WILL COVER CLASSES BEGINNING ON SEPT. 13, 2021 AND THE SECOND WILL COVER CLASSES BEGINNING ON MON. JAN. 31, 2022. DUE TO STATUTORY HOLIDAYS, MONDAY DANCERS WILL ONLY RECEIVE 33 WEEKS OF INSTRUCTION PER YEAR AND HAVE AN ADJUSTED PRICE TO REFLECT THE MISSED CLASSES. TO SECURE A PLACE IN A RECREATIONAL DANCE CLASS, 2 POST-DATED CHEQUES OR CREDIT CARD NUMBER MUST BE INCLUDED ON OR WITH THE REGISTRATION FORM.
- COMPETITIVE DANCERS WILL HAVE THEIR FEES DIVIDED INTO 3 EQUAL INSTALLMENTS. THE FIRST WILL BE DUE ON JUN.25, 2021 (for pre-reg prices) OR AUG.27, 2021 (for regular prices) AND NOV. 15, 2021 AND FEB. 14, 2022. DUE TO STATUTORY HOLIDAYS, COMP DANCE CLASSES SCHEDULED ON MONDAYS WILL ONLY RECEIVE 33 WEEKS OF INSTRUCTION PER YEAR AND HAVE AN ADJUSTED TERM PRICE TO REFLECT THE MISSED CLASSES. TO SECURE A PLACE IN THE COMPETITIVE DANCE PROGRAM, 3 POST DATED CHEQUES OR A CREDIT CARD NUMBER MUST BE INCLUDED ON OR WITH THE REGISTRATION FORM.
- IF YOUR CHILD WISHES TO WITHDRAW FROM A RECREATIONAL DANCE CLASS, ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE MUST RECEIVE WRITTEN NOTICE BEFORE AUG 27, 2021 FOR TERM 1 or BEFORE JAN 3, 2022 FOR TERM 2. IF WRITTEN NOTICE IS RECEIVED, THEN YOUR CHEQUES WILL NOT BE DEPOSITED OR YOUR CARD WILL NOT BE BILLED. EXCEPTIONS WILL NOT BE MADE TO ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE’S REFUND POLICY UNLESS A DOCTOR’S NOTE HAS BEEN RECEIVED, IN WHICH CASE A STUDIO CREDIT MAY BE ISSUED.
- IF YOUR CHILD WISHES TO WITHDRAW FROM THE COMPETITIVE PROGRAM, ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE MUST RECEIVE WRITTEN NOTICE BEFORE AUG. 27, 2021 FOR TERM 1 or BEFORE NOV. 15, 2021 FOR TERM 2 or BEFORE FEB. 14, 2022 FOR TERM 3. IF WRITTEN NOTICE IS RECEIVED, THEN YOUR CHEQUES WILL NOT BE DEPOSITED OR YOUR CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED. EXCEPTIONS WILL NOT BE MADE TO ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE’S REFUND POLICY UNLESS A DOCTOR’S NOTE HAS BEEN RECEIVED IN WHICH CASE A CREDIT MAY BE ISSUED. PLEASE NOTE, REGARDLESS OF THE REASON, FOR COMPETITIVE DANCERS, THERE WILL BE A $250 WITHDRAW FEE DEDUCTED FROM THE REFUNDED AMOUNT OF FEES RETURNED TO YOU.
- IF YOU HAVE PRE-REGISTERED BUT CHOOSE TO WITHDRAW FROM CLASSES AFTER JUNE 25, 2021 AND BEFORE AUGUST 27, 2021 YOUR FULL TUITION AND COSTUME DEPOSIT FOR TERM 1 WILL BE REFUNDED MINUS A $30 PROCESSING FEE, PER REGISTERED CLASS.
- A COSTUME FEE FOR THE YEAR-END RECITAL HAS BEEN INCORPORATED INTO THE TERM PRICE FOR ALL RECREATIONAL & COMPETITIVE GROUP CLASSES. IF YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING IN THE RECITAL, PLEASE INFORM ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE BEFORE JAN. 3, 2022 AND YOUR TERM 2 CHEQUE WILL BE ADJUSTED FOR THE TOTAL COST OF THE COSTUME. IF YOUR CHILD CHOOSES NOT TO CONTINUE FOR TERM 2, YOUR COSTUME DEPOSIT FROM TERM 1 WILL NOT BE REFUNDED. ALL COMPETITIVE SOLO, DUET, SMALL GROUP AND OPTIONAL CLASS COSTUMES ARE IN ADDITION TO THE COMPETITIVE PRICE LIST AND WILL BE INVOICED INDIVIDUALLY DEPENDING ON THE COSTUME.
- FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES, IT IS MANDATORY FOR PARENTS TO SIGN AND AGREE TO THE “RELEASE OF LIABILITY” FORM BELOW. DANCERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLASS UNLESS THIS FORM HAS BEEN SIGNED AND RETURNED.
- A $35 SERVICE CHARGE WILL BE APPLIED TO ALL RETURNED AND NSF CHEQUES
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Make-Up Classes – Students are allowed two make-up classes per term. Please notify the studio before attending a make-up class. Classes that fall on statutory holidays are not made up because term fees have been adjusted for Monday classes.
- Extreme Weather or Unexpected Interruption of Classes – If the studio must cancel classes due to extreme weather or events beyond our control such as power outages, etc, the missed lessons will be not be made-up, however dancers are invited to join another similar class on the schedule to make-up the missed one. No refunds will be given due to the circumstances listed above. Please check the website or Facebook page after 12 noon (on weekdays) or after 8am (on Saturdays) for cancellations or call the studio and check our voice mail.
- Substitute Teachers – The studio reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. If the teacher is ill and the studio cannot arrange a substitute, any missed classes will be made-up.
- Care of Students – The studio is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students. Parents with students under the age of 5 should stay at the studio during classes. Students are not to be left at the studio for excessive time before or after class.
- Dance Dress Code – Required dance wear and dance shoes must be worn to all classes. Failure to wear required dance wear to class could result in students being asked to sit out. Long hair must also be tied back neatly in a ponytail or bun for all dancers with long hair.
CLASSES BEGIN ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 13TH
2021 SUMMER DANCE CAMP
REGISTER FOR ALLEGRO SUMMER DANCE CAMP!!!
VERY exciting news…. Summer Dance Camps will be running at Allegro!!! Should there still be guidelines, we will continue to follow strict Covid-19 protocal and class sizes will be capped according to Ontario’s public health measures. Spots will be limited and available on a first come, first serve basis.
To reserve a spot in our Camp, please email email@example.com and Ms. Victoria will contact you directly for payment. Dates and details are listed below and a registration form is attached to this post. Please note, your spot will be reserved as soon as payment is received, however all forms will still need to be scanned and emailed, or dropped off, at a later date.
(also open to Competitive Dancers)
July 12-16 – (5-8yrs) & (9-12yrs)
July 19-23 – (5-8yrs) & (9-12yrs)
August 9-13 – (5-8yrs) & (9-12yrs)
August 16-20 – (5-8yrs) & (9-12yrs)
July 12-16 – (8-11 yrs) & (12 yrs+)
August 9-13 – (8-11 yrs) & (12 yrs+)
All camps will run from 9am-4pm at $350 + hst / week.
PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD A REG. FORM