ALLEGRO DANCE CAMP INFORMATION
Please read through all the information very carefully before attending Allegro Dance Camp. There are a lot of details provided by the ministry pertaining to Covid-19 regulations and safety. We must abide by the rules put in place to keep everyone healthy. If we don’t, our camp will be shut down and the studio will be heavily fined. Thank you in advance for your co-operation.
Mon August 16th – 20th – Half Day 9:00am-12:30pm | Full Day 9:00am – 4:00pm
RESPONSIBILITY OF ALLEGRO (SET BY THE PROVINCE)
- Where social distance of 2 meters cannot be maintained, masks must be worn (please bring your own).
- There will be a maximum of 13-15 campers in each group (depending on ages).
- Each group will not mix with the other’s space or enter each other’s designated studio.
- Cleaning log will be posted and cleaning will be tracked each day.
- All equipment used will be disinfected 2 times per day if frequently touched, otherwise disinfected at end of each day.
- Frequently touched surfaces ie. door knobs, toilet and faucets, table tops etc. will be disinfected 2 times per day.
- Staff will encourage proper hand hygiene and proper respiratory etiquette and supervise/assist campers when needed.
- Daily records to be kept of anyone entering the program and staying longer than 15 minutes (record to include name, contact information, time of arrival / departure, screening completion, etc).
RESPONSIBILITY OF ALLEGRO CAMPERS
- If you (parent/guardian) suspect your child is ill or has been in close contact with someone who may have contracted Covid-19, do not bring your child to dance camp until your local public health can provide further direction.
- Please bring your child already dressed in dancewear for dance camp prior to drop-off; change room will be closed.
- Please bring a cloth mask for your child. Allegro will not provide them.
- Any personal belongings brought in should be labeled and kept in the camper’s designated dance studio – please bring a large bag to keep all belongings together.
DANCERS SHOULD WEAR & BRING
- bodysuit (any colour) with tights or bare legs and white socks
- ballet slippers or jazz shoes
- track pants & dance shorts are optional for Hip Hop and Conditioning
- clean running shoes for Hip Hop
- Yoga Mat
- Old oversized shirt to wear during craft time (we be getting dirty with paints, etc)
SNACKS & LUNCH
- Please pack your own nut-free snacks and lunch as breaks will be provided throughout the day. Also, please remember to bring a labelled water bottle that the dancers can refill.
DROP OFF & PICK UP
- Sign in/out will be organized and processed at designated doors, outside of Allegro School of Dance. Processing and screening will begin at 8:45am.
- Daily logs will be kept by Allegro staff of anyone entering the program and staying longer than 15 minutes.
- Prior to entry, every Allegro camper’s temperature will be taken (disinfecting thermometer between each use)
- Upon entry / exit to and from the building, Allegro campers will sanitize their hands (alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be made available at the front door).
- Allegro campers who are ill will not be allowed to enter the program.
- Anyone showing signs of Covid-19 while in camp will be isolated to a designated area away from all others and their parent/guardian will be called for immediate pick-up.
- Unfortunately, due to Covid-19 there will not be a performance at the end of the week. Parents/guardians cannot be in the same room / space at the same time as the dance groups. We will film routines for families to watch at home.
MANAGEMENT OF CAMP PARTICIPANTS WITH SUSPECTED COVID-19
- If a camper becomes symptomatic for Covid-19, he/she will be immediately separated from others to a supervised area until they can go home.
- Local public health will be notified of potential case and will seek advice regarding information that should be shared with other parents / guardians of the camp participants.
- While contacting public health – at a minimum, the camper and staff supervisor should wear masks.
- Allegro camper will be reminded of hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette while waiting for pick-up.
- Other campers and staff who are present while a camper became ill should be identified as a close contact and grouped together until then can be picked up to self-isolate at home.
- The local public health unit will provide any further direction on testing and isolation of these close contacts.
- Camper or staff exposed to a confirmed case of Covid-19 should be excluded from the program for 14 days.
PAYMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
- It is mandatory for parents to sign the “Release of Liability” form for insurance purposes. Dancers will not be allowed to participate in class unless this form has been signed and returned. This Release of Liability was included in the paperwork that you submitted to the office upon registration.
- If a student wishes to withdraw from the summer camp, please give Allegro School of Dance written notice at least two weeks before the commencement date. If written notice is received, then your payment will be refunded in full.
- Receipts will be available during the week of Dance Camp
DANCE CAMP TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
HALF DAY DANCERS: Door 5 (at the front of the building)
- 9:00-9:45 Jazz
- 9:45-10:00 Games
- 10:00-10:45 Ballet
- 10:45-11:30 Craft / Snack
- 11:30-12:15 Hip Hop
- 12:15-12:30 Pack up / Games
FULL DAY DANCERS: Door 1 (at the back of the building)
- 9:00-10:00 Jazz
- 10:00-11:00 Craft / Snack
- 11:00-12:00 Ballet
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch/Games
- 1:00-2:00 Hip Hop / Lyrical
- 2:00-3:00 Movie / Snack
- 3:00-4:00 Conditioning
If you have any additional questions please call the studio at
905-815-9239 or email – email@example.com
451 Woody Rd Oakville, ON L6K 2Y