REGISTER FOR 2020 FALL CLASSES AND COVID-19 PLAN
Hello Allegro Family and Friends!
We hope you are all doing well and staying healthy. Like you, we’re excited to get back to routine and very eager to dance again. You are all greatly missed; what’s normally a hustling and bustling studio with so much life has never felt so lonely. On the bright side, it’s comforting to know that things are getting better and once we’re back, every day dancing will be a gift!
With that said, we’ve been thinking about our 2020/21 season and considering how social distancing measures can be applied in our environment. As a result, we have been proactive and made some changes that are likely to be enforced by Public Health.
1) To stagger foot-traffic and allow for cleaning, we have added 10 minutes between all back-to-back lessons. (Each class will be 5 minutes shorter with 5 minutes added in between.)
2) Until we get the green light to enroll more students, all classes will initially be capped at 9 dancers. Should the ministry allow increased volume, we will absolutely expand our numbers and additional students will be registered. Running at nearly 50% capacity means that classes will fill up quickly. To be fair, we will take note of when registrations come in and work on a first come, first serve basis for waiting lists.
3) We will be quick to adapt and implement all rules put in place for a safe opening. Some MAY include limiting family members in the studio, utilizing studio fire escape doors leading to open air (instead of the main entrance), coming dressed in dance clothes / avoiding changeroom and suggesting PPE for teachers and students.
Please be aware that our planning is based solely on speculation. The true makeup of our year will depend on guidelines put in place by public health. Changes are inevitable as we learn more about Covid 19 regulations for public places. Should opening be delayed, rest assured that you will only be charged for the classes we’re able to run. Alternatively, if things go well, we will accept more registrations and increase class sizes as permitted.
Again, thank you for your patience and I hope that all of you all looking forward to being back at dance soon. To register for fall classes and take advantage of our Pre Registration discounted pricing, please click the link below.
Director – Allegro School of Dance
2020 SUMMER DANCE CAMP
REGISTER TODAY FOR SUMMER DANCE CAMP!!!
VERY exciting news…. Summer Dance Camps will be running at Allegro!!! We will be following extremely strict Covid-19 measures and class sizes will be capped according to Ontario’s public health guidelines. Spots will be limited and available on a first come, first serve basis. As for regular classes, we still do not have permission to run them. Only “Day Camps” are allowed.
To reserve a spot in our Camp, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and Ms Victoria will contact you directly for payment. Dates and details are listed below and a registration form is attached to this post. Please note, your spot will be reserved as soon as payment is received however forms will still need to be scanned and emailed at a later date.
All camps will run from 9am-4pm at $350 + hst / week. There will be a max of 9 campers in each group. As per our Covid 19 guidelines, only one teacher will have contact with the same 9 children for the duration of the week.
LOOKING FORWARD TO DANCING WITH ALL OF YOU SOON! PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD A REGISTRATION FORM FOR SUMMER CAMP.
RECREATIONAL CAMPS (also open to Competitive Dancers)
July 13-17 – (5-8yrs) & (9-12yrs)
July 20-24 – (5-8yrs) & (9-12yrs)
August 10-14 – (5-8yrs) & (9-12yrs)
August 17-21 – (5-8yrs) & (9-12yrs)
July 6-10 – (8-11 yrs) & (12 yrs +)
Online Dance Classes
And now… some good news!
Allegro’s online dance classes are up and running! $29 per month gets you access to unlimited lessons in all genres and levels; so if you ever wanted to try something new, now’s your chance!
Of course, we know that video instruction will never be a substitute for face-to-face, hands-on training in a professional studio setting; and that’s why we have decided to waive all class tuition while we’re closed.
We know this is tough, but through online learning, we hope to keep our dancers active, healthy and excited for the light at the end of the tunnel!
Please join Allegro and give it a try by clicking this link: http://www.allegroschoolofdance.thinkific.com
Once you enter your email address and set up your own password, Allegro admin will connect back with you by email to confirm your registration and process your fee. You will then have access to all the classes available online. Happy Dancing!!!
Allegro Closed Temporarily due to Covid-19
Hello Allegro Families,
In light of the Covid-19 changes being presented daily, Allegro will be following the guidelines put in place by the province and formally closing until at least Friday, April 3. As we all know, this situation is very fluid and as a result, timelines and schedules can only be speculated. Please be patient as we try to come up with a plan based on the information and guidance given.
Of course, the well-being of our dancers, staff, families and community is our first priority. You can rest assured that we will follow all suggestions from health professionals to curb the spread of Covid-19 and keep everyone safe.
In the meantime, we are brainstorming creative ways to keep you entertained at home so that while you’re practicing social distancing, you can also practice the skills that will keep your body healthy and conditioned for your return to dance!
During this hiatus, please continue to check your emails and/or the Allegro website regularly. As always, we are committed to keeping you informed and plan to finish this season on a high note. As soon we hear more, you will be the first to know.
Many thanks and see you soon:)
WINTER 2019-2020 NEWSLETTER!
Around the Studio!
Parent Viewing – The week of December 16 – 21, parents are welcome to observe their children from inside the studio. Students will demonstrate what they have been working on since the fall and also perform an informal holiday dance. Parent Viewing will take place during regular class days and times.
Holiday Closure – The studio will be closed from December 22 – January 5 for the holidays. Classes will resume again on Monday, January 6, 2020. Wishing you all a safe and Happy Holiday!!
Recital Info – This year’s recital will be at First Ontario Concert Hall, Hamilton, on Saturday, June 20, 2020. Dress Rehearsal will be on Monday June 15. If you will not be participating in the Recital, please contact the office as soon as possible. More recital information will be available in the New Year.
Shoes & Boots – It’s that messy time of the year again! Students and Parents: During the winter months, only indoor shoes, slippers and dance shoes are permitted in the building. Help us keep the studio dry, clean, comfortable and salt-free for those of us in socks and dance shoes. Please place your boots in the cubbies provided at the front door so that we can keep the entry way clutter-free.
Conditioning Page – Keep practicing over the holidays and start the New Year stronger than ever! Ms. Laura has introduced a new IG page for Allegro dancers and families that would like to add Pilates inspired conditioning to their daily routine. Follow @barre_movement for workout videos you can try at home to build a strong, healthy and flexible body! Parents, if there is enough demand, we may offer Adult Fitness for 2020. Please let Victoria know if you’re interested in signing up for a weekly class similar to what you see online at @barre_movement.
Term 2 Tuition – Fees for the 2nd Term will be processed on January 6, 2020. If you have not already submitted your cheque or need to update your credit card information, please contact the studio prior to Jan. 6. All costume fees have been included in your tuition. If your child will not be finishing the season or will not participate in the year end recital, it is important to contact the studio asap. This will ensure that your card is not charged and it will help us order the appropriate number of costumes. Please note: A late payment for Term 2 may result in recital costumes not being placed on time, therefore a late fee may apply.
Rec. Costume Measurement Week – Students will be measured in class for costumes the week of January 6 – 11. If you are going to be away that week, please let the office know so arrangements can be made to have your child measured another time.
Family Day closure – Just a reminder, the studio will be closed on Monday, February 17, 2020. We hope you enjoy your day off with your family.J
For everyone’s safety, please do not park in front of the building!!! There is plenty of parking to the side and back of the studio. Parking in the front contributes to congestion and the drop-off zone becomes inaccessible. If you park or idle your car in the front, you may be asked to move;) Thank you.
UPCOMING STUDIO CLOSURES
Winter Break: Sun. Dec 22, 2019 – Sun. January 5, 2020
Family Day: Mon. February 17, 2020
March Break: Mon. March 15 – Sun. March 22, 2020
Victoria Day: Mon. May 18, 2020 (Open Sat. May 16, 2020)
Last Day of Classes: Sat. June 13, 2020
Register for our 2019/20 Season NOW!!!
Welcome to Allegro! Registration is now open to ALL new and existing students!
For over 18 years, Allegro School of Dance has been one of Oakville’s most trusted and well-loved dance academies. Thanks to our experience, unfailing reputation and devoted commitment to dance, Allegro has grown to be among the community’s most successful and established studios. Many styles and disciplines are taught at Allegro, including Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, Acro, Lyrical, Contemporary, Conditioning and Pointe. Recreational and Competitive programs for children ages 3+ are taught by highly qualified teachers that have decades of experience working with dancers of all ages and abilities. Whether you are just beginning or already a seasoned dancer, Allegro is sure to have a class that is appropriate for your level of expertise!
Our facility on Woody Rd is one of the biggest and brightest that Oakville has to offer and we are very fortunate to be dancing in such an inviting, safe and professional space. Our studio was built with everyone in mind and ensures that students as well as their families enjoy a comfortable experience along with an opportunity to always watch every class through spacious viewing windows.
By signing up early and beating the September rush, you will secure a spot in your desired class and time. In just a few easy steps, you can register on-line for all your favorite classes! If you prefer to register in person, please visit our studio located at 451 Woody Rd in Oakville (Speers & Dorval). Happy Dancing and thank you for choosing Allegro! To find out more about Oakville’s favourite dance academy CLICK HERE.
To Register, click the link below!
INFO SHEET & UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS – 2019/20
Please note that uniforms will be enforced. If a student is not dressed in proper dance wear repeatedly, they may have to sit out.
Unless you are a Hip Hop dancer, please do not come to class in street wear or baggy clothes.
- Long hair must always be pulled back into a pony tail.
- Dancers in Ballet Level 1+ (with long hair) must wear their hair in a bun for class.
- Please – no decorative hair clips or hair bands and limit jewellery to small earrings and rings.
- Please write your name in all dance wear and shoes.
Creative Movement & Pre Ballet
- BLACK or PINK bodysuit (any style)
- Ballet SOFT PINK tights (convertible or footed) or bare legs with WHITE ankle socks
- Small (attached or separate) skirts are optional – NO TUTUS
- PINK ballet slippers (leather or canvas)
Ballet 1 & Up
- BLACK bodysuit (any style)
- Ballet SOFT PINK tights or bare legs with WHITE ankle socks
- PINK ballet slippers (leather or canvas)
For your first pair, pointe shoes should be fitted at the Shoe Room, Toronto. For Rec Dancers, pointe shoes will not be required for the first 3 classes because we will be working on Pre-Pointe strengthening exercises.
JAZZ /TAP /ACRO/LYRICAL
- BLACK bodysuit or BLACK form fitting half top (with dance shorts)
- BEIGE tights (convertible or footed) or bare legs with socks
- BLACK dance shorts are optional over tights – NO YOGA PANTS OR TRACK PANTS
- Jazz – BEIGE jazz shoes with small heel (leather or canvas)
- Tap – BLACK tap shoes – any style (Please purchase from a dancewear store. Shoes from Payless, Walmart, etc. cut the floor when screws come loose from taps.)
- Acro – Bare feet
- Lyrical – “Body Wrappers” BEIGE pleated half-soles or BEIGE jazz shoes (leather or canvas)
Comfortable clothing – t-shirts, track pants/shorts – NO JEANS OR SKIRTS. Please avoid labels and graphics.
Clean soled running shoes or jazz sneakers – BLACK low-cut Converse type shoes will need to be purchased for recital.
*Please do not wear your hip hop sneakers into the school from outside, change into them once in the school.
- Ballet –WHITE t-shirt & BLACK shorts or BLACK tights & BLACK ballet slippers
- Jazz/Tap/Acro/Lyrical/MT – WHITE t-shirt & BLACK shorts & required shoes (as noted above)
- Jazz – Beige slip-on “So Danca” leather jazz shoes. Mondor Caramel convertible tights.
- Ballet – Pink canvas “So Danca” split sole ballet slippers (no drawstrings). Mondor ballet pink footed or convertible tights.
- Lyrical – “Body Wrappers” beige leather pleated half-soles. Mondor tan convertible tights or bare legs.
- Hair in a bun for ALL classes.
The following store have a list of our uniform requirements:
635 Fourth Line, Units 12-13
2025 William O’Connell Blvd., Unit 9
4012 New Street
4155 Fairview Street
*Please note that regular Saturday classes will run during long weekends, Easter weekend and Easter Monday.
June 28 – 1st payment due and processed for Pre-Reg. Prices
Aug. 26 – 1st payment due and processed for regular prices
Sept. 16 – First day of classes!!!
Oct. 14 – Studio closed for Thanksgiving
Nov. 11 – Comp Dancers – 2nd Installment due
Dec. 22-Jan. 5 – Studio closed for the Holidays
Jan. 6 – Rec. Dancers – 2nd payment due and processed.
Feb. 10 – Comp Dancers – 3rd Installment due
Feb. 17 – Studio closed for Family Day
Mar. 15-22 – Studio closed for March Break
May 18 – Studio closed for Victoria Day
June 13 – Last day of classes
June 18 – Recreational Dress Rehearsal
June 20 – RECITAL!!!
PAYMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- FOR RECREATIONAL DANCERS, THERE WILL BE 36 WEEKS OF INSTRUCTION THROUGHOUT THE YEAR, DIVIDED INTO TWO EQUAL PAYMENTS. THE FIRST PAYMENT WILL COVER CLASSES BEGINNING ON SEPT. 10, 2018 AND THE SECOND WILL COVER CLASSES BEGINNING ON MON. JAN. 28, 2019. DUE TO STATUTORY HOLIDAYS, MONDAY DANCERS WILL ONLY RECEIVE 33 WEEKS OF INSTRUCTION PER YEAR AND HAVE AN ADJUSTED PRICE TO REFLECT THE MISSED CLASSES. TO SECURE A PLACE IN A RECREATIONAL DANCE CLASS, 2 POST-DATED CHEQUES OR CREDIT CARD NUMBER MUST BE INCLUDED ON OR WITH THE REGISTRATION FORM.
- COMPETITIVE DANCERS WILL HAVE THEIR FEES DIVIDED INTO 3 EQUAL INSTALLMENTS. THE FIRST WILL BE DUE ON JUNE 29, 2018 (for pre-reg prices) OR 27, 2018 (for regular prices) AND NOV. 12, 2018 AND FEB. 11, 2019. DUE TO STATUTORY HOLIDAYS, COMP DANCE CLASSES SCHEDULED ON MONDAYS WILL ONLY RECEIVE 33 WEEKS OF INSTRUCTION PER YEAR AND HAVE AN ADJUSTED TERM PRICE TO REFLECT THE MISSED CLASSES. TO SECURE A PLACE IN THE COMPETITIVE DANCE PROGRAM, 3 POST DATED CHEQUES OR A CREDIT CARD NUMBER MUST BE INCLUDED ON OR WITH THE REGISTRATION FORM.
- IF YOUR CHILD WISHES TO WITHDRAW FROM A RECREATIONAL DANCE CLASS, ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE MUST RECEIVE WRITTEN NOTICE BEFORE AUG 27, 2018 FOR TERM 1 or BEFORE JAN 7, 2019 FOR TERM 2. IF WRITTEN NOTICE IS RECEIVED, THEN YOUR CHEQUES WILL NOT BE DEPOSITED OR YOUR CARD WILL NOT BE BILLED. EXCEPTIONS WILL NOT BE MADE TO ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE’S REFUND POLICY UNLESS A DOCTOR’S NOTE HAS BEEN RECEIVED, IN WHICH CASE A STUDIO CREDIT MAY BE ISSUED.
- IF YOUR CHILD WISHES TO WITHDRAW FROM THE COMPETITIVE PROGRAM, ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE MUST RECEIVE WRITTEN NOTICE BEFORE 27, 2018 FOR TERM 1 or BEFORE NOV. 12, 2018 FOR TERM 2 or BEFORE FEB. 11, 2019 FOR TERM 3. IF WRITTEN NOTICE IS RECEIVED, THEN YOUR CHEQUES WILL NOT BE DEPOSITED OR YOUR CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED. EXCEPTIONS WILL NOT BE MADE TO ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE’S REFUND POLICY UNLESS A DOCTOR’S NOTE HAS BEEN RECEIVED IN WHICH CASE A CREDIT MAY BE ISSUED. PLEASE NOTE, REGARDLESS OF THE REASON, FOR COMPETITIVE DANCERS, THERE WILL BE A $250 WITHDRAW FEE DEDUCTED FROM THE REFUNDED AMOUNT OF FEES RETURNED TO YOU.
- IF YOU HAVE PRE-REGISTERED BUT CHOOSE TO WITHDRAW FROM CLASSES AFTER JUNE 29, 2018 AND BEFORE AUGUST 27, 2018 YOUR FULL TUITION AND COSTUME DEPOSIT FOR TERM 1 WILL BE REFUNDED MINUS A $30 PROCESSING FEE, PER REGISTERED CLASS.
- A COSTUME FEE FOR THE YEAR-END RECITAL HAS BEEN INCORPORATED INTO THE TERM PRICE FOR ALL RECREATIONAL & COMPETITIVE GROUP CLASSES. IF YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING IN THE RECITAL, PLEASE INFORM ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE BEFORE JAN. 7, 2019 AND YOUR TERM 2 CHEQUE WILL BE ADJUSTED FOR THE TOTAL COST OF THE COSTUME. IF YOUR CHILD CHOOSES NOT TO CONTINUE FOR TERM 2, YOUR COSTUME DEPOSIT FROM TERM 1 WILL NOT BE REFUNDED. ALL COMPETITIVE SOLO, DUET, SMALL GROUP AND OPTIONAL CLASS COSTUMES ARE IN ADDITION TO THE COMPETITIVE PRICE LIST AND WILL BE INVOICED INDIVIDUALLY DEPENDING ON THE COSTUME.
- FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES, IT IS MANDATORY FOR PARENTS TO SIGN AND AGREE TO THE “RELEASE OF LIABILITY” FORM BELOW. DANCERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLASS UNLESS THIS FORM HAS BEEN SIGNED AND RETURNED.
- A $25 SERVICE CHARGE WILL BE APPLIED TO ALL RETURNED AND NSF CHEQUES
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Make-Up Classes – Students are allowed two make-up classes per term. Please notify the studio before attending a make-up class. Classes that fall on statutory holidays are not made up because term fees have been adjusted for Monday classes.
- Extreme Weather or Unexpected Interruption of Classes – If the studio must cancel classes due to extreme weather or events beyond our control such as power outages, etc, the missed lessons will be not be made-up, however dancers are invited to join another similar class on the schedule to make-up the missed one. No refunds will be given due to the circumstances listed above. Please check the website or Facebook page after 12 noon (on weekdays) or after 8am (on Saturdays) for cancellations or call the studio and check our voice mail.
- Substitute Teachers – The studio reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. If the teacher is ill and the studio cannot arrange a substitute, any missed classes will be made-up.
- Care of Students – The studio is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students. Parents with students under the age of 5 should stay at the studio during classes. Students are not to be left at the studio for excessive time before or after class.
- Dance Dress Code – Required dance wear and dance shoes must be worn to all classes. Failure to wear required dance wear to class could result in students being asked to sit out. Long hair must also be tied back neatly in a ponytail or bun for all dancers with long hair.
CLASSES BEGIN ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH
You won’t want to miss this!
Allegro is hosting our
SECOND ANNUAL BACK-To-DANCE WORKSHOP
with the Industry’s most sought after performers, choreographers and producers! Learn from artists that are respected, in demand and leading all facets of the dance world!
The Workshop will run Monday September 9th – Thursday September 12th from 5:30pm-8:00pm (2 classes per night). Each class will be 1.25 hours long with a Q&A session for students to learn about their Instructors’ careers and how they got to be where they are today!
Jeff Dimitriou – Film, TV and Production Choreographer (PanAm Games, Cirque du Soleil, Twilight, Schitt’s Creek, So You Think You Can Dance Canada)
Jaime Hodgins – Dancer, Producer & Choreographer (The Mini Pops Kids)
Faye Rauw – Dancer, Teacher & Choreographer (“Chicago”-The Movie, “Hairspray”, Randolph, Sheridan College, AHL, NBA, CFL)
Kelly Shaw – Dancer & Choreographer (ProArte Danza, Citadel + Compagnie, Gadfly, Alysa Pires Dance Projects, Transcendance Project)
Alvin Collantes – Dancer, Choreographer & Educator (Toronto’s Original Choreographer’s Ball, Nuit Blanche Toronto, Frog In Hand’s, TranscenDance Project
** MORE FACULTY ANNOUNCEMENTS COMING SOON! **
$200+hst for 8 classes. Call 905-815-9239 or email email@example.com process payment and secure your space! Please direct any questions to Miss Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org. This workshop is open to all Competitive/Pre-Professional Level Dancers ages 8+. If you register before Friday August 23rd receive a 10% discount ($180+HST).
10 Reasons why Allegro’s Facility is Second to None!
Allegro School of Dance has been serving the Oakville community for 16+ year under the same trusted Ownership and Direction. Read below to find out why everyone is talking about our new facility!
1. Five oversized studios – all with professionally sprung Harlequin floors, natural light, high ceilings, wall-to-wall mirrors and anchored barres
2. Parent viewing windows leading into all dance studios
3. Professional sound systems installed in every classroom
4. Bright, comfortable family-friendly waiting area with free Wi-Fi
5. Quiet homework room for dancers and their families
6. Large, clean changing rooms for boys and girls
7. Ample well-lit parking to accommodate all classrooms
8. Convenient and safe drop off area for parents and dancers
9. Security surveillance cameras monitoring common areas and dance studios
10. Convenience to numerous shopping centres and amenities
See why Allegro is Oakville’s dance studio of choice!
Allegro School of Dance has been serving the Oakville community for 16+ year under the same trusted Ownership and Direction. Visit us today to see why we we will always be your #1 choice for Dance Instruction in Oakville!
√..Professionally sprung floating “Harlequin” dance floors – for injury prevention.
√..Parent viewing windows to every studio – you always see what is happening in the classroom at all times.
√..Security surveillance cameras – for student’s safety.
√..Full time desk staff – so instructors can focus on teaching instead of dealing with administrative issues.
√..Qualified Teachers – accredited by RAD, CDTA, Imperial Society of Dance, Russian Society of Dance, PAEC, Cecchetti Society and union member with ACTRA & EQUITY. High school students will never be your child’s primary teacher.
√..Dancers taught and motivated by encouragement – teachers are hired not only for their accreditation but also for their character and disposition with their students.
√..Recreational and Competitive Dancers share the same teachers, studio space and perform in the same recital – all dancers receive equally qualified instruction regardless of their level.
√..Several levels of the same dance style offered for students of different ages and abilities – your 9 year old will not be in the same class as a 5 year old.
√..More choice with days and Times – We have 5 studios running classes so there is sure to be an appropriate class that works with YOUR busy schedule.
√..Proven training track record – several students have been accepted to professional intensives and full-time programs at the Royal Winnipeg, Quinte, School of American Ballet, Ryerson University’s Theatre Program & Canada’s National Ballet School.
√..Recital costumes included in yearly tuition fees – there will be no surprise invoices throughout the year and you will not be responsible for sewing your own recital costume.
√..Recitals in a professional theatre with affordable ticket pricing – bringing your entire family to the recital will not break your bank.
√..Comparable pricing to all other dance studios – you will pay the same but receive more.
√..No fundraising – you will never be asked to raise money to supplement studio costs.
√..Customer appreciation barbecue & “Fun Day” – bonding celebration for dancers and their families, all free of charge.
√..Fun dance classes and friendly studio atmosphere – it is possible to provide good training in a motivating and uplifting environment so that dancers leave with a smile on their face.
CLICK HERE TO SEE 4 QUESTIONS EVERY PARENT SHOULD ASK BEFORE REGISTERING FOR DANCE!