INFO SHEET & UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS – 2021-22
Please note that uniforms will be enforced. If a student is not dressed in proper dance wear repeatedly, they may have to sit out.
Unless you are a Hip Hop dancer, please do not come to class in street wear or baggy clothes.
- Long hair must always be pulled back into a pony tail.
- Dancers in Ballet Level 1+ (with long hair) must wear their hair in a bun for class.
- Please – no decorative hair clips or hair bands and limit jewellery to small earrings and rings.
- Please write your name in all dance wear and shoes.
Creative Movement & Pre Ballet
- BLACK or PINK bodysuit (any style)
- Ballet SOFT PINK tights (convertible or footed) or bare legs with WHITE ankle socks
- Small (attached or separate) skirts are optional – NO TUTUS
- PINK ballet slippers (leather or canvas)
Ballet 1 & Up
- BLACK bodysuit (any style)
- Ballet SOFT PINK tights or bare legs with WHITE ankle socks
- PINK ballet slippers (leather or canvas)
For your first pair, pointe shoes should be fitted at the Shoe Room, Toronto. For Rec Dancers, pointe shoes will not be required for the first 3 classes because we will be working on Pre-Pointe strengthening exercises.
JAZZ /TAP /ACRO/LYRICAL
- BLACK bodysuit or BLACK form fitting half top (with dance shorts)
- BEIGE tights (convertible or footed) or bare legs with socks
- BLACK dance shorts are optional over tights – NO YOGA PANTS OR TRACK PANTS
- Jazz – BEIGE jazz shoes with small heel (leather or canvas)
- Tap – BLACK tap shoes – any style (Please purchase from a dancewear store. Shoes from Payless, Walmart, etc. cut the floor when screws come loose from taps.)
- Acro – Bare feet
- Lyrical – “Body Wrappers” BEIGE pleated half-soles or BEIGE jazz shoes (leather or canvas)
Comfortable clothing – t-shirts, track pants/shorts – NO JEANS OR SKIRTS. Please avoid labels and graphics.
Clean soled running shoes or jazz sneakers – BLACK low-cut Converse type shoes will need to be purchased for recital.
*Please do not wear your hip hop sneakers into the school from outside, change into them once in the school.
- Ballet –WHITE t-shirt & BLACK shorts or BLACK tights & BLACK ballet slippers
- Jazz/Tap/Acro/Lyrical/MT – WHITE t-shirt & BLACK shorts & required shoes (as noted above)
- Jazz – Beige slip-on “So Danca” leather jazz shoes. Mondor Caramel convertible tights.
- Ballet – Pink canvas “So Danca” split sole ballet slippers (no drawstrings). Mondor ballet pink footed or convertible tights.
- Lyrical – “Body Wrappers” beige leather pleated half-soles. Mondor tan convertible tights or bare legs.
- Hair in a bun for ALL classes.
The following store have a list of our uniform requirements:
635 Fourth Line, Units 12-13
2025 William O’Connell Blvd., Unit 9
4012 New Street
4155 Fairview Street
*Please note that regular Saturday classes will run during long weekends, Easter weekend and Easter Monday.
June 25 – 1st payment due and processed for Pre-Reg. Prices
Aug. 27 – 1st payment due and processed for regular prices
Sept. 13 – First day of classes!!!
Oct. 11 – Studio closed for Thanksgiving
Nov. 15 – Comp Dancers – 2nd Installment due
Dec. 19-Jan. 2 – Studio closed for the Holidays
Jan. 3 – Rec. Dancers – 2nd payment due and processed.
Feb. 14 – Comp Dancers – 3rd Installment due
Feb. 21 – Studio closed for Family Day
Mar. 14-20 – Studio closed for March Break
Apr. 15 – Studio closed for Good Friday
May 23 – Studio closed for Victoria Day
June 7 – Recreational Dress Rehearsal
June 11 – Last day of classes
June 18 – RECITAL!!!
PAYMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- FOR RECREATIONAL DANCERS, THERE WILL BE 36 WEEKS OF INSTRUCTION THROUGHOUT THE YEAR, DIVIDED INTO TWO EQUAL PAYMENTS. THE FIRST PAYMENT WILL COVER CLASSES BEGINNING ON SEPT. 13, 2021 AND THE SECOND WILL COVER CLASSES BEGINNING ON MON. JAN. 31, 2022. DUE TO STATUTORY HOLIDAYS, MONDAY DANCERS WILL ONLY RECEIVE 33 WEEKS OF INSTRUCTION PER YEAR AND HAVE AN ADJUSTED PRICE TO REFLECT THE MISSED CLASSES. TO SECURE A PLACE IN A RECREATIONAL DANCE CLASS, 2 POST-DATED CHEQUES OR CREDIT CARD NUMBER MUST BE INCLUDED ON OR WITH THE REGISTRATION FORM.
- COMPETITIVE DANCERS WILL HAVE THEIR FEES DIVIDED INTO 3 EQUAL INSTALLMENTS. THE FIRST WILL BE DUE ON JUN.25, 2021 (for pre-reg prices) OR AUG.27, 2021 (for regular prices) AND NOV. 15, 2021 AND FEB. 14, 2022. DUE TO STATUTORY HOLIDAYS, COMP DANCE CLASSES SCHEDULED ON MONDAYS WILL ONLY RECEIVE 33 WEEKS OF INSTRUCTION PER YEAR AND HAVE AN ADJUSTED TERM PRICE TO REFLECT THE MISSED CLASSES. TO SECURE A PLACE IN THE COMPETITIVE DANCE PROGRAM, 3 POST DATED CHEQUES OR A CREDIT CARD NUMBER MUST BE INCLUDED ON OR WITH THE REGISTRATION FORM.
- IF YOUR CHILD WISHES TO WITHDRAW FROM A RECREATIONAL DANCE CLASS, ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE MUST RECEIVE WRITTEN NOTICE BEFORE AUG 27, 2021 FOR TERM 1 or BEFORE JAN 3, 2022 FOR TERM 2. IF WRITTEN NOTICE IS RECEIVED, THEN YOUR CHEQUES WILL NOT BE DEPOSITED OR YOUR CARD WILL NOT BE BILLED. EXCEPTIONS WILL NOT BE MADE TO ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE’S REFUND POLICY UNLESS A DOCTOR’S NOTE HAS BEEN RECEIVED, IN WHICH CASE A STUDIO CREDIT MAY BE ISSUED.
- IF YOUR CHILD WISHES TO WITHDRAW FROM THE COMPETITIVE PROGRAM, ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE MUST RECEIVE WRITTEN NOTICE BEFORE AUG. 27, 2021 FOR TERM 1 or BEFORE NOV. 15, 2021 FOR TERM 2 or BEFORE FEB. 14, 2022 FOR TERM 3. IF WRITTEN NOTICE IS RECEIVED, THEN YOUR CHEQUES WILL NOT BE DEPOSITED OR YOUR CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED. EXCEPTIONS WILL NOT BE MADE TO ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE’S REFUND POLICY UNLESS A DOCTOR’S NOTE HAS BEEN RECEIVED IN WHICH CASE A CREDIT MAY BE ISSUED. PLEASE NOTE, REGARDLESS OF THE REASON, FOR COMPETITIVE DANCERS, THERE WILL BE A $250 WITHDRAW FEE DEDUCTED FROM THE REFUNDED AMOUNT OF FEES RETURNED TO YOU.
- IF YOU HAVE PRE-REGISTERED BUT CHOOSE TO WITHDRAW FROM CLASSES AFTER JUNE 25, 2021 AND BEFORE AUGUST 27, 2021 YOUR FULL TUITION AND COSTUME DEPOSIT FOR TERM 1 WILL BE REFUNDED MINUS A $30 PROCESSING FEE, PER REGISTERED CLASS.
- A COSTUME FEE FOR THE YEAR-END RECITAL HAS BEEN INCORPORATED INTO THE TERM PRICE FOR ALL RECREATIONAL & COMPETITIVE GROUP CLASSES. IF YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING IN THE RECITAL, PLEASE INFORM ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE BEFORE JAN. 3, 2022 AND YOUR TERM 2 CHEQUE WILL BE ADJUSTED FOR THE TOTAL COST OF THE COSTUME. IF YOUR CHILD CHOOSES NOT TO CONTINUE FOR TERM 2, YOUR COSTUME DEPOSIT FROM TERM 1 WILL NOT BE REFUNDED. ALL COMPETITIVE SOLO, DUET, SMALL GROUP AND OPTIONAL CLASS COSTUMES ARE IN ADDITION TO THE COMPETITIVE PRICE LIST AND WILL BE INVOICED INDIVIDUALLY DEPENDING ON THE COSTUME.
- FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES, IT IS MANDATORY FOR PARENTS TO SIGN AND AGREE TO THE “RELEASE OF LIABILITY” FORM BELOW. DANCERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLASS UNLESS THIS FORM HAS BEEN SIGNED AND RETURNED.
- A $35 SERVICE CHARGE WILL BE APPLIED TO ALL RETURNED AND NSF CHEQUES
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Make-Up Classes – Students are allowed two make-up classes per term. Please notify the studio before attending a make-up class. Classes that fall on statutory holidays are not made up because term fees have been adjusted for Monday classes.
- Extreme Weather or Unexpected Interruption of Classes – If the studio must cancel classes due to extreme weather or events beyond our control such as power outages, etc, the missed lessons will be not be made-up, however dancers are invited to join another similar class on the schedule to make-up the missed one. No refunds will be given due to the circumstances listed above. Please check the website or Facebook page after 12 noon (on weekdays) or after 8am (on Saturdays) for cancellations or call the studio and check our voice mail.
- Substitute Teachers – The studio reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. If the teacher is ill and the studio cannot arrange a substitute, any missed classes will be made-up.
- Care of Students – The studio is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students. Parents with students under the age of 5 should stay at the studio during classes. Students are not to be left at the studio for excessive time before or after class.
- Dance Dress Code – Required dance wear and dance shoes must be worn to all classes. Failure to wear required dance wear to class could result in students being asked to sit out. Long hair must also be tied back neatly in a ponytail or bun for all dancers with long hair.
CLASSES BEGIN ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 13TH
Hello Allegro Family and Friends!
I hope you’re all doing well and feeling optimistic about the “back to normal” routine that is (hopefully) right around the corner! Seeing as vaccinations will be completed before the start of our 2021/22 dance season, we are planning for a business-as-usual opening in September!!! Please read below to get up to speed on the Registration Process along with Summer Camp details.
2021 SUMMER DANCE CAMP
REGISTER FOR ALLEGRO SUMMER DANCE CAMP!!!
VERY exciting news…. Summer Dance Camps will be running at Allegro!!! Should there still be guidelines, we will continue to follow strict Covid-19 protocal and class sizes will be capped according to Ontario’s public health measures. Spots will be limited and available on a first come, first serve basis.
To reserve a spot in our Camp, please email email@example.com and Ms. Victoria will contact you directly for payment. Dates and details are listed below and a registration form is attached to this post. Please note, your spot will be reserved as soon as payment is received, however all forms will still need to be scanned and emailed, or dropped off, at a later date.
(also open to Competitive Dancers)
July 12-16 – (5-8yrs) & (9-12yrs)
July 19-23 – (5-8yrs) & (9-12yrs)
August 9-13 – (5-8yrs) & (9-12yrs)
August 16-20 – (5-8yrs) & (9-12yrs)
July 12-16 – (8-11 yrs) & (12 yrs+)
July 9-13 – (8-11 yrs) & (12 yrs+)
All camps will run from 9am-4pm at $350 + hst / week.
PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD A REG. FORM
Adult Fitness “DANCE GLOW”
You can leave your pointe shoes at home and still experience all the benefits of an aerobic, ballet inspired workout that’ll keep you fit while honing your posture and poise!
By fusing classical technique with cardio and conditioning, we’ve curated the most unique, high-energy exercise program that won’t require any previous dance experience or formal training. One hour of toning, sculpting, lengthening and strengthening is sure to fly by, thanks to our invigorating Dance Glow method that targets the heart while engaging the soul!
“Step outside your comfort zone and then you’ll begin to Glow!”
With Dance Glow, you don’t have to be a ballerina to train like one! Everyone can reap the rewards of a super fun, aerobic ballet workout that’s been reinvented to include the intensity of HIIT, the proficiency of Weight Training, the control of Pilates and the wellness of Yoga.
Our foundation may be ballet-based, but this stimulating hybrid approach to fitness is unique from anything else. Traditional ballet exercises, with turned out legs, are specifically designed to build symmetrically lean bodies and beautiful aesthetics. Classical technique, juxtaposed with powerful, musically driven aerobic conditioning, provides the most uplifting experience that’ll leave you glowing from the inside out!
BEGINNING NOVEMBER 4, CLASSES ARE OFFERED ON –
Wednesdays & Fridays from 10:30-11:30am
$16.50 / class on a “PAY-AS-YOU-GO” plan.
Simply call the studio the night before to reserve a spot and process your card. Due to Covid-19 and social distancing, class sizes are limited to 12-14 participants (depending on the studio). ZOOM options may be available and more details will be posted shortly.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL OR EMAIL ALLEGRO TODAY AND REMEMBER TO FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM – @danceglow_union
905-815-9239 … firstname.lastname@example.org
10 Reasons why Allegro’s Facility is Second to None!
Allegro School of Dance has been serving the Oakville community for 19+ years under the same trusted Ownership and Direction. Read below to find out why everyone is talking about our new facility!
1. Five oversized studios – all with professionally sprung Harlequin floors, natural light, high ceilings, wall-to-wall mirrors and anchored barres
2. Parent viewing windows leading into all dance studios
3. Professional sound systems installed in every classroom
4. Bright, comfortable family-friendly waiting area with free Wi-Fi
5. Quiet homework room for dancers and their families
6. Large, clean changing rooms for boys and girls
7. Ample well-lit parking to accommodate all classrooms
8. Convenient and safe drop off area for parents and dancers
9. Security surveillance cameras monitoring common areas and dance studios
10. Convenience to numerous shopping centres and amenities
See why Allegro is Oakville’s dance studio of choice!
Allegro School of Dance has been serving the Oakville community for 19+ years under the same trusted Ownership and Direction. Visit us today to see why we we will always be your #1 choice for Dance Classes in Oakville!
√..Professionally sprung floating “Harlequin” dance floors – for injury prevention.
√..Parent viewing windows to every studio – you always see what is happening in the classroom at all times.
√..Security surveillance cameras – for student’s safety.
√..Full time desk staff – so instructors can focus on teaching instead of dealing with administrative issues.
√..Qualified Teachers – accredited by RAD, CDTA, Imperial Society of Dance, Russian Society of Dance, PAEC, Cecchetti Society and union member with ACTRA & EQUITY. High school students will never be your child’s primary teacher.
√..Dancers taught and motivated by encouragement – teachers are hired not only for their accreditation but also for their character and disposition with their students.
√..Recreational and Competitive Dancers share the same teachers, studio space and perform in the same recital – all dancers receive equally qualified instruction regardless of their level.
√..Several levels of the same dance style offered for students of different ages and abilities – your 9 year old will not be in the same class as a 5 year old.
√..More choice with days and Times – We have 5 studios running classes so there is sure to be an appropriate class that works with YOUR busy schedule.
√..Proven training track record – several students have been accepted to professional intensives and full-time programs at the Royal Winnipeg, Quinte, School of American Ballet, Ryerson University’s Theatre Program & Canada’s National Ballet School.
√..Recital costumes included in yearly tuition fees – there will be no surprise invoices throughout the year and you will not be responsible for sewing your own recital costume.
√..Recitals in a professional theatre with affordable ticket pricing – bringing your entire family to the recital will not break your bank.
√..Comparable pricing to all other dance studios – you will pay the same but receive more.
√..No fundraising – you will never be asked to raise money to supplement studio costs.
√..Customer appreciation barbecue & “Fun Day” – bonding celebration for dancers and their families, all free of charge.
√..Fun dance classes and friendly studio atmosphere – it is possible to provide good training in a motivating and uplifting environment so that dancers leave with a smile on their face.
CLICK HERE TO SEE 4 QUESTIONS EVERY PARENT SHOULD ASK BEFORE REGISTERING FOR DANCE!
4 Questions Every Parent Should Ask Before Registering For Dance Lessons
1. What type of Dance Floor is used?
Dance is a physical activity which involves a lot of jumping. This can put stress on bones and joints if it not practiced on the proper floor. Since dance footwear does not provide cushioning or support, the shock of a hard floor can create pressure on the knees, ankles and back of a dancer and lead to injuries such as shin splints, stress fractures and tired joints. It is crucial that even the youngest dancers begin their training on a professionally sprung “floating” floor that provides the right cushion and give for the demands of dance. A floating floor is one that rests on individual high density foam based cushions to absorb the shock of jumping and landing.
The top layer of the dance floor is also an important factor. A vinyl/linoleum “Harlequin” is accepted worldwide as the surface for recreational and professional dance. Renowned companies such as the National Ballet of Canada, The New York City Ballet and The Royal Ballet in London all use Harlequin as their dance surface. This type of floor allows the right amount slide and traction to eliminate slips and falls. Regardless of the added expense, a Harlequin floor is the best and first choice of almost all major professional dance companies.
All of our studios are equipped with floating floors and Harlequin surfaces so that our dancers reduce the risk of injury and can dance longer without becoming fatigued.
2. Are all dancers qualified to teach children?
Dance Teachers should be chosen and hired because of their credentials, experience and character. Many performers are wonderful dancers, but are they qualified to teach? Do they have experience maintaining control of a classroom? Are they clear with their instruction and prepared? Do they communicate well in an approachable way? And, are they patient and good with kids?
Often the two are confused, but it is so important that a dance instructor is not only an accomplished performer, but also a skilled teacher. It is always recommended that a teacher has experience on stage, however it is probably more important that they have logged enough hours in the studio so that they can effectively communicate to all of their students regardless of their learning approach.
At Allegro, we only hire supportive and kind, experienced instructors with reputable teaching credentials. Of course, our teachers are also seasoned performers with affiliation and members of reputable unions such as ACTRA and EQUITY, but they are also accredited with teaching associations such as CDTA, PAEC, Cecchetti, The Imperial System and The Russian Society of Dance. You can rest assured that staff at Allegro School of Dance will never be learning on the job.
Click the LINK below to find out why our instructors are second to none!
3. What are the “extras” required for the year end show?
Most studios put on a year-end show in a professional theatre. As part of the show, students participating must have a costume for their dance routine.
Some studios may require parents to sew their own costume or find a seamstress to sew it for them. Or, you may be required to buy specific items from assigned stores that may or may not have your size in stock. Needless to say, this is can be very inconvenient and time consuming for busy parents, not to mention costly. If you are at a studio that supplies the costume, you will likely receive what may be an unexpected costume invoice throughout the year so that your dancer’s outfit is ordered and made. Often the cost of the costume is determined mid-year and the price could be a big surprise.
At Allegro School of Dance, all recreational dance recital costumes are included in the tuition. You will never receive a surprise invoice and costume fees will never inflate or be adjusted throughout the year. As parents at Allegro, you do not have to worry about any costume hassles. We work with professional companies to ensure that all recreational and competitive dancers will have a beautiful costume that is custom ordered to fit every child at no additional cost.
4. Can I get immediate assistance and customer service?
In many studios, the teacher or the studio owner conducts classes and also does the administration. By trying to do two jobs at once, the class may suffer as the teacher has to use class time for customer service issues. Or, if the teacher is in class, there may not be anyone available to help you with your questions and you may have to wait until classes are over to hear back from the studio. To ensure a good experience, it is important to choose a studio that can always assist you with details such as scheduling, student absences and make-up classes, invoice inquires and costume details to name just a few.
Even if all teachers are busy in their classroom, Allegro School of Dance has office staff on hand before classes start and during regular scheduled class times so that you can get immediate assistance at YOUR convenience.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE MORE REASONS WHY ALLEGRO SCHOOL OF DANCE IS YOUR #1 CHOICE FOR DANCE LESSONS IN OAKVILLE!
Allegro Alumni – Where are they now?
Over the years, many talented dancers have graced the studios at Allegro School of Dance! While we have many future “Stars in Training”, it’s also nice to see the latest accomplishments of some Allegro Alumni who are continuing to work in the industry. Congrats to all of you and we can’t wait to follow your success over the coming years!
Olivia was one of our original Competitive Dancers at Allegro and had the good fortune to join the National Ballet School and continue her classical training. While at the ballet school, she was fortune to dance the lead role of Marie/Clara in the Nutcracker with the NBOC and also receive several scholarships to train abroad. After graduating from NBS, she completed her dance degree in Holland at Codarts University and just recently, Olivia accepted a full-time contract to dance with The Tanz Luzerner Theatre in Lucerne, Switzerland and is pursuing a very promising career in Modern Dance. The Tanz Luzerner Theatre is one among the most avant-garde dance companies in Europe and we are so happy to see your dreams unfold just as you always wished they would!
Some of you may remember Sarah as our Saturday office administrator and also as a dancer at Allegro. Over the past couple years, Sarah has been fortunate to travel the world working as a model and actress for many well known labels such as Adidas, Louis Vuitton, Canada Goose, Roots, Follie and Follie and Giorgio Armani, to name just a few. She has also had the opportunity to work on many movies and has appeared on the cover of several magazines including Harpers Bazaar and Vogue. This September, Sarah will begin her Masters of Clinical Science in Audiology and Hearing Disorders at the University of Western Ontario, while continuing to dance and model. Congrats Sarah… study hard and we’ll continue to watch out for you on the runway!
Natalie joined Allegro School of Dance the first year we opened our doors, running classes from a church gymnasium! Over the years Natalie has trained as a Competitive Dancer at Allegro and has worked on several TV series including The Next Step and Backstage. Last year, Natalie graduated high school and will be attending Ryerson University’s Dance Program. Good luck Natalie; we are excited to see what’s next for you!
Mary was one of the very first dancers to join the Allegro Competitive Program in 2004. After her training at Allegro, she went on to complete her BFA in Dance at Ryerson University and just graduated this year. Presently, Mary is beginning her professional career as a dancer and is also teaching Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary/Lyrical and Conditioning at Allegro this season. We look forward to seeing you in the studio this year and following you on your path to success!
Bella Grace Lecomte started dancing at Allegro when she was 6 years old and continued as a Competitive Dancer. Today, at age 15, she is an accomplished singer and is on her way to a very promising career. Bella was the grand champion at the Rising Star Talent Competition, she was cast as a Lego Friends Pop Star, she debuted for the York Symphony Orchestra as a classical singer, she is currently touring with her pop-rock band Girl Pow-r and will be releasing an original album this year. Bella Grace is certainly one to watch out for and we wish her good luck with all her future endeavors!
Alex Hall began dancing at Allegro as a young girl and went on to join our Competitive Dance Program. She was accepted into the National Ballet School and began attending the professional program in Gr. 7. Throughout her training, Alex danced many lead roles and also won scholarships. Last year, Alex graduated from NBS and was recently offered an Apprentice Contract with the National Ballet of Canada where she may be dancing Corps de Ballet roles in various ballets at The Four Seasons Centre in Toronto. We hope to catch her on stage this season and wish her luck as she dances some of her debut roles with the NBOC!
Dance Birthday Parties!
Make this year’s Birthday a Party to remember at Allegro School of Dance! Book yours TODAY by